• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

are we all guys?

Wigwam Jones said:
I am the Greek God Testicles. And I'm going to put a shoe box on my lap and give you all a puppet show.

LOL!

Remember the movie "Diner" where the guy cut a hole in the bottom of a tub of popcorn at the movie theatre?

If you remember the movie, what was the bet, and for how much?


Retro
 
Reminds me of an old Zen saying..

With few women here...


If a man is talking alone in the woods and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
 
Them Chromosomes

Hi,

I have been away ... well recovering more like from my neck/back operation. Did somebody ask if there were any women here....Me...(Stands up waving arms)! Ouch... (Sits back down again and grimaces with the pain). I have not been using the PC much execpt for buying Christmas pesents on-line as I cannot drive for a few more weeks.

Calabashak wrote: If a man is talking alone in the woods and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong? Of course not Cala', not all women are gorgons, some like to do non-girly things as well. It's fun escapism.

JJ
 
Off-topic a tad here-JJ, hope yr doing OK. My dad's going in Wed AM & have vertebra arthroscopic surgery done. He'll be home that afternoon, they do EVERYTHING "day surgery" nowadays. But I know my dad-he'll be ill as a hornet for awhile...Anyhow, take it easy, take care of yrself...
 
JJcharles,

I wish this Christmas that you, and for any other of my ailing Audio Karma friends, the speediest and quickest recovery possible. Happy holidays and godspeed with your healing.

Now, back on topic-

Excerpts from the web-

Dude is a slang term usually referring to young men. Contrary, a "dude" is a slang word for a camel's penis.

There is no definitive origin of the word dude. The Compact Oxford Dictionary suggests it comes from a German dialect word meaning 'fool'. The word made the rounds of New York City slang of ca 1883, referring to a fastidiously sharp dresser, affecting sophistication. This is what the late 18th century British would have referred to as a "dandy", which brings us to the compelling theory that "dude" was actually derived from the "Doodle" of the song "Yankee Doodle"-

Yankee Doodle went to town, A-riding on a pony.
Stuck a feather in his cap, and called it "macaroni"
Yankee Doodle keep it up, Yankee Doodle Dandy
Mind the music and the step, and with the girls be handy...

The song was actually written by the British as an insult to the colonists during the French and Indian war—the British soldiers have been decked out in their royal uniforms, and the colonists, or yankees, in rags and coonskin caps. So "Yankee Doodle Dandy" was a mocking take on colonial lack of sophistication. A "macaroni" was a British slang term for French or Italian attire, thus a man who had travelled to Paris or Rome, and adopted their style, affecting a high level of sophistication, was the definitive dandy. Yankee Doodle is so unsophisticated that when he sticks the feather in his cap and calls it "macaroni", he believes he is being fashionable. The British popularized the song during the Revolutionary War, but the colonists in their victory eventually embraced the song as their own, showing pride in their lack of affected sophistication.

The vogue word of 1883, was quickly applied to dressed-up city slickers, especially Easterners vacationing in the West, who affected elaborate 'Wild West' get-ups as paying visitors at a "dude ranch." The dude in "dude ranch" was a figure of mockery; an urban Easterner affecting the look and lifestyle of the Western cowboy, but only on a temporary basis (i.e.: during his vacation). This dude is a tourist, lacking authenticity, and not deserving of respect.
 
Dude... You know alot about the word dude. To J.J. Charles and any females that are members here, I for one think it's very cool your into this stuff. I hope you girls stick around and don't let anyone run you off.
-Greg-
 
JJCharles said:
Hi,

I have been away ... well recovering more like from my neck/back operation. Did somebody ask if there were any women here....Me...(Stands up waving arms)! Ouch... (Sits back down again and grimaces with the pain). I have not been using the PC much execpt for buying Christmas pesents on-line as I cannot drive for a few more weeks.

Sorry to here about your back difficulty. I hear the neck can be the most painful spot. Get well soon, but don't rush things. Above all, be sure to do what your therapist tells you to! :)
 
I can only speak on behalf of myself ...

But I'm all guy (testosterone dripping from my brow, and tears in my eyes from the sound of my stereo's latest enhancement...
 
Back
Top Bottom