• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

At The Local Value Center

neddawg

Active Member
At the Value Center in Vallejo they have the following - Vandersteen Audio Model 2Ce Signature II for $1000.00. Is this worth it?
 
Register to hide this ad
Kind of what I was thinking. This place starts out high in their pricing and then it is like a reverse auction to see how low it will go before someone pulls the trigger.
 
Not the Signatures... They are recent model, upgraded from the 2Ce that came out around 1990. You'll see 2C, 2Csomething, and 2Ce around but not the Signatures. They fetch top dollar.

If these are in legitimate condition and you want these, it is a darn good price.
 
Not the Signatures... They are recent model, upgraded from the 2Ce that came out around 1990. You'll see 2C, 2Csomething, and 2Ce around but not the Signatures. They fetch top dollar.

If these are in legitimate condition and you want these, it is a darn good price.

You are correct. I checked again today and they are 2Cs. Price has dropped tp $500 dollars. I just do not have the cash to pick them up.
 
I've seen 2Ce's for around that.

I am a big fan and still have a pair that I bought new in 1991. Vandys are a love-hate thing. If you like laid-back sound where depth of soundstage is paramount, you may find them among your favorites. They need a good powerful amp, though they are fairly easy to drive. With the right source, they can really shine.

I would expect any of the older models to need the rear-mounted active radiator replaced. The radiator has a mass disc glued to it that causes the suspension to fail.

Great speakers, preview them sometime if you get a chance. If you love them, $500.00 will be well spent. Heck, you might pony up for the Signatures.

jocko
 
Back
Top Bottom