• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Atlanta area reliable tech recomendations

Steez51

Active Member
Anyone know of a good tech for tracing back and repairing Vintage SS equipment in the Atlanta metro area?
 
Register to hide this ad
I lived in Roswell for 10 years. While there I had several independent referrals to Modular Electronics in Roswell. I never ended up needing them, but they were highly recommended, including a recommendation from Underwood Hifi who has a big presence on AudioGon.

Good luck, you would think there would be multiple choices in a metro area as big as ATL.
 
I lived in Roswell for 10 years. While there I had several independent referrals to Modular Electronics in Roswell. I never ended up needing them, but they were highly recommended, including a recommendation from Underwood Hifi who has a big presence on AudioGon.

Good luck, you would think there would be multiple choices in a metro area as big as ATL.

I've used Modular Electronics and they're fantastic and are not just out there to make a quick buck. Benny Amina is the owner/tech and he's a very good guy. I live about 10 minutes from his shop.

His listening room in the shop is pretty cool. That guy can work on anything and everything.
 
i need someone too,one reason i joined an i paid 25 bucks to sell i think,a guy named steve in braselton,but a long way from me in jackson,people here wont answer phone or call me back,an i like stuff instantly. i think steve used to be in charge of electronics at either best buy or hi fi buys,an does speakers and all vintage things.he seen me post things on craigslist an messaged me thru yahoo i think it was...i think has a shop in his house..i had a guy come to me years ago an tested my sansui monster au20000 and marantz esotech an preamp was it sc or sm 7 and 9..amp and pre amp stuf i found..but i lost track of him..had a van an a shop somewhere 5 or 7 years ago,paid him 50 bucks to test marantz and sansui.i learned about just pluggin in an goin for it after 25 yearss they been sittin in an old house etc..atlanta is pitiful in many areas where smaller towns excell in thingssuch as this,an seems very little in south of atlanta,some are dead businessess etc..tragic,i need someone near jackson like..now...or even mcdonough or locust grove,i dont drive interstates no more,but daughter will when around.....
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom