• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Attention Fairchild Freaks!

Can you hear the motor on these old radio station idler drive tables? I'd like to get one but silence is nice too, and I've never had an idler drive table as quiet as a belt or direct drive table.
 
I was looking at the pictures of those Fairchild 530 transcriptiontables, and I realized that my parents had one in the early '70's that my uncle gave them when he moved out of town. I remember it down in our basement, and wondered what good it was without a tonearm. If only I had known...
 
Well holy fu.k unbelievable sold for $660 somebody wanted them bad and obviously has plans for them. If i had the money i would of went to 400 tops just to have backups for my amps.
 
Considering what the complete amps sell for, that's not surprising. The OPTs are the heart and soul...everything else is replaceable with other components.
 
And the amazing piece...
412-2 turntable, 282 STEREO tonearm, SM-1 stereo rotating magnet cartridge! The all-Fairchild turntable to go with your gorgeous preamp and amplifiers! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fairchild-4...amond-Phono-CARTRIDGE-Rare-VTG-/331517441145?

The 282 is one that I don't remember seeing before. I thought they went to the more conventionally designed SA-12 and 500 tonearms for stereo - I did not realize that they updated the 280 "banana" transcription arm, too.

Still...no affiliation.
 
I noticed that those are the same amps that were sold on eBay recently with the 248 preamp. They have the exact same scratches on the fronts.
 
Back
Top Bottom