• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio auction

Register to hide this ad
Definitely a sick day - you'd have to be sick not to go! I suspect in better times a company would come in and buy the lot of JBL or a wealthy individual and then open up a business.
 
I'd make it a well day... I feel too well to come in... then go buy lots of stuff.... DAMN.. that's pretty insane all they have.... Wonder how many of those drivers are actually any good though. Sure are a lot of empty cabs..
 
Holy wall of speakers Batman!

AuctionPictures008.jpg


I'm glad this is far away.....:yes:....:tears:
 
There used to be a PA shop in downtown Boston. For a ~5 year period in the 90's I was perhaps the only vintage audio enthusiast going in and buying their install "pull-outs".

Those were the days. /sigh

Anyone thinking about selling anything similar to what they see in the pictures would be wise to get it up on eBay NOW. In a couple weeks there will be many to choose from.

;)
 
Anyone thinking about selling anything similar to what they see in the pictures would be wise to get it up on eBay NOW. In a couple weeks there will be many to choose from.

My exact thoughts :yes: But since the ad is gone. I wonder if some wealthy overseas buyer didn't just buy the whole lot stuff it in a shipping container and off the asia it goes :scratch2:
 
It all looks like broken down equipment to me...

I thinks most of the drivers are blown and the cabs look very worn out. I would'nt waist my time on this stuff...Grettings from KC, Wed off. :D
 
If anyone in the KC area is going, please drop me a PM. There may be a few other not-huge items I'd be interested in bidding on, if I could get a bit of help.
 
Went to the auction...

:banana: It was surreal for someone like me. I bought too much, looks like I wont be parking in the garage any time soon. How could I pass up 4 horns at 25 cents each? Took some pictures there for you guys. There were some incredible deals had. Look for alot of vintage on the bay and KC CL soon. The shear volume of stuff they had there was amazing.
 
MAy I assume you are not referring to those little plastic kiddie horns from the 5&10. Thank goodness it was not near me. If those prices are real, I'd have maxxed out my change cards all too quickly and then tried to figure out how to get them home and what to do with them.
 
... If those prices are real, I'd have maxxed out my change cards all too quickly and then tried to figure out how to get them home and what to do with them.
Yeah, it was the getting things home and then storing things was what kept me out of the mix.

There were 19 of these loaded with a couple drivers each. Auctioneer says price is per the piece winner takes choice. Initial bidding stopped at $10 per. As the auctioneer was asking the winner which ones he wanted several people ready to jump on the $10 bandwagon were lining up to get the remains - the winning bidder said "all of em" and there was a definite groan from the crowd that knew they missed out.

AuctionPictures001.jpg
 
Last edited:
Auction photos

On the jbl cabs, I was told that they were not the original drivers in there. So I passed - did'nt want to haul them home. I am just going through my booty now. I got a pair of EV FR12-2's for $25 that are just blowing me away right now. Very heavy for size and quite shallow in depth? Sound great!!! Pictures; ALL of these horns were a nosale no takers at $1
hornsgalore.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom