• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio auction

WOW!!!! What an insane profit that guy is gonna make. They should have just given them to him for that.. I see at least 3 there... even selling one you could pay for and keep a pair and be a lot richer.

Oh how I wish I was still living in STL.. I would have been at that sale in a heartbeat.. but then again, if I was still living out there, I wouldn't have had the jack to spend...
 
I only heard about the auction this morning via a PM from chefhog, otherwise I would not have missed it totally. I've gone to auctions of various kinds since the 80s and IMO this auctioneer wasn't getting the best prices for the seller (..and really that's his job.) Several times I thought he should have talked up some of the pieces more. Probably an indication that the auctioneer was outside his normal merchandise. hmm big ole boxes with old speakers in them $10 sounds about right.

This is the same sort of thing that happened in the auction for the JBL Paragon down here a few months ago. The auctioneer had no idea what he was dealing with - some people (including myself) recognized the picture and showed up, but it wasn't advertised well at all.

This auction bill was beyond terrible, just briefly listing a few manufacturer names. It's not that hard for the auctioneer to walk through the warehouse, write down some model numbers and take some better pictures. That's their job. I've been around auctions and auctioneers my whole life - some good, some terrible, and that's the worst bill I've EVER seen. If you're getting paid to do a job, you can take some time to do a bit of research to properly market what you're selling.
 
Back
Top Bottom