• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio Club of Maine (ACMe)

March looks promising on my calendar - maybe first or second week, a Thursday evening?
I’ll be visiting family in Florida those two weeks, and the week of the 18th just booked up. I could go earlier or later… let’s do a survey and @ mention all the folks who have shown interest so far.
 
Holy cow, I've thought many to es if Woodford Club for this exact group and purpose, but shelves the idea each time. Great to hear we're in a similar frequency :)
 
Id say Maps is my favorite Portland bar, and it has a sorta rock vibe to me. There's another place that opened awhile back called Hi Fidelity Brewing...God knows there's no shortage of tap rooms around here :)
 
So far only @pumablues, @jjmofo, and I have shown interest in this round of meetups. I think maybe we just meet up at a bar and chat a bit?
I haven't filled it out because my time is hard to schedule. I'm at the whim of my daughter and X-wife for time, and unfortunately I get very little for myself. Keep me in the loop if you decide to meet in Portland and I'll do my best to make it.
 
Introducing the brand new Audio Club of Maine (ACMe)!

I'm AK member Pumablues -- relatively new to both this hobby and to AK. I'm located in Portland, ME.

After poking around to see if there was an existing group, I found a few threads of people interested in socializing, but no specific group as of yet.

So, here we go :)

What does ACMe do? I don't know yet, let's figure it out together.

This group is open to anyone in Maine or NH who is interested in music, audio equipment (old and new), and so forth. Let's see how many folks we can get interested in some kind of regular meetup, and discuss what that might look like.

Add a comment below if you're interested in this group, with a quick intro of who you are, where you are, and what angle of the hobby you're into :)

Nice to meet you all!

Hello, I'm in southern Maine, the Berwick area.
 
Hey folks,
I own Electric Buddhas at 556 Congress St. in Portland. We carry vintage hi-fi equipment, records, tapes and lots lots of other neat stuff if any of ya all care to stop by. We offer repairs from a very experienced vintage tech as well! Stop by to chat any time. I'm in the shop Thurs-Sat but we have regular hours the rest of the week too.
 
Yep, great shop, always stop in when I can. Bought some records and a set of ADS L300C's from you.
 
@Emmbee -- I've enjoyed stopping into your store a few times over the past year, too! Always feel like a kid in a candy shop :) I remember the one time I stopped in and drooled over unexpectedly seeing some lovely ADS speakers (that I sadly could not afford at the time!)

BTW, with another season gone -- any of you fine folks still interested in a meet up?

I completeld missed Frankenfest last April, but may see about going to the fall one in October.

Still in Portland! We could meet up at one of the many beer gardens; I also really like the bar Maps, but I'm not fussy, and I don't drink much these days, so any old place would be fine with me.
 
I only attend the Spring Frankenfest but I'm down to meet in Portland or surrounding area. I prefer easier parking and a quieter place if possible.
 
Central Maine here. Struggling to find a trustworthy tech to bring a Revox A 77 up to spec. Great unit, can't use due to Rifa caps and a couple other issues. Any help would be amazing.
 
Not in Maine but I've dealt with Joseph Laurino in North Reading, MA who specializes in RTR tape decks for both consumers and the pro market.
I forget his business name but you can call him at 781-245-1678. If he can't fix it (and I bet he can) he can at least point you in the right direction.
 
Hey folks,
I own Electric Buddhas at 556 Congress St. in Portland. We carry vintage hi-fi equipment, records, tapes and lots lots of other neat stuff if any of ya all care to stop by. We offer repairs from a very experienced vintage tech as well! Stop by to chat any time. I'm in the shop Thurs-Sat but we have regular hours the rest of the week too.
I've been wanting to visit your store since seeing it on TV.
Hoping you would add a listing page on your website of vintage stuff before I made the long trek.

Fred
 
Back
Top Bottom