• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio Technica T-60XE

huck1978

Active Member
Audio Technica T-60XE Stylus Search

I have an audio technica cartridge that is badged T-60XE. I need a replacement stylus but I can't find any information on it. Please let me know if you are familiar with this cart.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Here are the pictures. I should know now not to ask without pictures.

Thanks for your help.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8331.jpg
    IMG_8331.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8332.jpg
    IMG_8332.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8333.jpg
    IMG_8333.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 5
I can't be 100% sure, but from the pictures your cartridge appears to be a rebadged AT71E. There are several different styli that will fit the 70/71/72 series, including at least one that's a line contact (and lots of ellipticals).

EDIT: I corrected my list. There is no 73, and I forgot the 70. Everything else holds true.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. I think you're bang on. Why would they re-badge it instead of just keeping the AT71E badge? The reps at AT weren't familiar with the T-60EX badge either.
 
Audio Technica was notorious for putting a variety of model numbers on their cartridges. The industry as a whole was guilty of this, but I think AT took it to new heights. Why? Who knows. But it sure does make it difficult down the line.

Sometimes the lineage is easily traceable, such as my 411E which is simply an AT11, but in other cases such as yours it's more difficult. Just makes for more detective work.
 
Back
Top Bottom