• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio-Technica AT 14s cartridge advice!

You're welcome. And yup, in this case it's a bit confusing - because for whatever odd reason Pfanstiehl has sorted needles for two not quite compatible families into the same group. In my view 200-DEX for the ATN12XE and 200-DQX for the ATN12S (and 200-DQ for the ATS12S) would have been a lot more logical.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
Kinda late to this thread. I have an AT-14S and the (variant?) ATPRO14S. So far I've been buying up NOS ATS-14's as replacement styli. I also had one retipped by Steve at VAS (a hypereliptical). Sounds like there may also be an alternate to the ATS-14? I love these carts and want to keep my options open. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
 
(...) Sounds like there may also be an alternate to the ATS-14? (...)

Depends. If you want a line-contact type tip and originally made by AT, besides the ATS14 there only are the VM35-FD and the 4DT-20X as directly compatible needle types (at least as far as I'm aware). Whereas the other two directly comptible needle types (VM35-EL & ATS13) are ellipticals, as already mentioned above. But of course you could alternatively also consider cantilever assembly transplantation.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Back
Top Bottom