Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
can anyone tell me why there is not a Audiokarma Manufacturers Forums for onkyo??..maybe they can make one, or is there even enough people that really has them...IDK was just wondering
Not every manufacturer needs its own forum. That just results in unnecessary fragmentation. So only the more popular makes get brand-specific forums. And vintage Onkyo does not seem to be very popular...
can anyone tell me why there is not a Audiokarma Manufacturers Forums for onkyo??..maybe they can make one, or is there even enough people that really has them...IDK was just wondering
Probably the same reason there isn't a forum for Sony, Polk Audio, DCM, JBL, Magnapan, Martin Logan, Conrad Johnson, Cambridge Audio, Velodyne, Harman Kardon, B&W, a/d/s, Advent, KLH, Teac, Adcom, Proton....well, you get the picture.:yes:
I wish they wold consolidate the manufacturer specific forums. I'm not interested enough in any one manufacturer to check each one regularly, so I'm most likely to miss anything of interest, or that I could contribute to.
I wish they wold consolidate the manufacturer specific forums. I'm not interested enough in any one manufacturer to check each one regularly, so I'm most likely to miss anything of interest, or that I could contribute to.
Well, it sounds like you can get all you want by looking in V.S.S or G.A.D - if you are "not interested enough in any one manufacturer" then don't look in the manufacturer specific forums! - simple :scratch2:
I don't think it's popularity dependant, since surely there are as many or more Sony fans as there are Pioneer, Fisher, Yamaha, and Kenwood. The Pioneer forum only has 7 pages. Comparitively, McIntosh has 500.
Stick around and you will see enough Onkyo posts to satisfy your interests.
There have been a few in the past few months about the A and M series amps.
TX receivers.
I actually bought Onkyo new when it was more contemporary. Onkyo TX-SV909 Pro AV receiver, Onkyo TA-2090 tape deck, Onkyo CP-1050FII direct drive turntable, DX-C909 CD changer, Onkyo TR-RW99 dual deck. They all still work.
Used: DX-706 cd player, DX-C606 changer, T-9 Tuner, T-4150 digital tuner. Great used value because there isn't that much about them.
I don't think it's popularity dependant, since surely there are as many or more Sony fans as there are Pioneer, Fisher, Yamaha, and Kenwood. The Pioneer forum only has 7 pages. Comparitively, McIntosh has 500.
Bizarre. For some reason that forum is set to only show me posts from last month, while every other forum shows posts from the beginning. Well then. That sort of ruins my point.
Probably the same reason there isn't a forum for Sony, Polk Audio, DCM, JBL, Magnapan, Martin Logan, Conrad Johnson, Cambridge Audio, Velodyne, Harman Kardon, B&W, a/d/s, Advent, KLH, Teac, Adcom, Proton....well, you get the picture.:yes:
I wish they wold consolidate the manufacturer specific forums. I'm not interested enough in any one manufacturer to check each one regularly, so I'm most likely to miss anything of interest, or that I could contribute to.
Yes, we have too many. I'd rather see fewer. Sure Pioneer is fine, they made two of everything ever available and there are thousands that love the brand, but some of the rest, I'd rather see them discussed in the generic forums for the same reasons Andy mentioned.