• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Austin Members

Register to hide this ad
I just moved downtown off Lamar in between barton springs and whole foods. :) I'm originally from Houston, but have been living in LA for the last five years. I'm really enjoying it here thus far! My nephew lives in Beaumont, so I have frequented there a few times. I think Pflugerville counts, it's only about 30 minutes away right? Definitely worth the drive to hear Quads ;) I actually haven't ever gotten the opportunity to check them out. Our systems are somewhat similar, I just bought a MC275 and C2300. Eagerly awaiting my friday fedex delivery!
 
On another note, it seems like their are a lot of high end dealers in Austin, especially for a city it's size. I am pleasantly surprised.
 
SW Austin here. I am also a transplant from Houston, I moved here in 2000 to go to school and almost 10 years, 2 degrees, a wife and kid later...I am here to stay. Nice going on the McIntosh gear, the 275 is my dream amp.

What high end dealers do you speak of? I know there is Whetstone and Audio Systems, neither of which sell McIntosh gear. In fact there were two stores that sold Mc gear, one is gone as of the other day and the other is chain geared more towards selling home theater systems. My system for the most part was pieced together from craigslist and then upgraded by Dewick, I figure it's good for another 30 years...or until I stumble into a good deal on some tube gear.
 
SW Austin here. I am also a transplant from Houston, I moved here in 2000 to go to school and almost 10 years, 2 degrees, a wife and kid later...I am here to stay. Nice going on the McIntosh gear, the 275 is my dream amp.

What high end dealers do you speak of? I know there is Whetstone and Audio Systems, neither of which sell McIntosh gear. In fact there were two stores that sold Mc gear, one is gone as of the other day and the other is chain geared more towards selling home theater systems. My system for the most part was pieced together from craigslist and then upgraded by Dewick, I figure it's good for another 30 years...or until I stumble into a good deal on some tube gear.

Ne Plus Ultra down on 7th street. Austin Hi Fi. near wholefoods.

Mark
 
Ne Plus Ultra down on 7th street. Austin Hi Fi. near wholefoods.

Mark

Huh, I will have to check it out. I work off Mopac and Bee Cave Rd so that's doable on my lunch break. I have never been into really pricey gear, most of my audio budget goes to vinyl and CDs (mainly vinyl now) and have spent many lunch breaks combing the "new arrivals" in Waterloo and Cheapo. I actually find the best stuff during the week as opposed to Fri or Sat evening when I use to go (before my child was born).
 
San Antonio

I am in San Antonio, just down the road on I-35. We have a great McIntosh dealer here, Bjorn’s Audio/Video. For awhile they had the ultimate McIntosh system on demo at the store. I managed to get a private demonstration of it. 4000 watts total never sounded so good.

Best,

Michael
 
Nice to meet you :) I also have some dq10's. I haven't had much opportunity to check mine out though. How do you like yours? What part of Auston are you in and where did you relocate from?
 
I like the Dahlquists, though I'm still experimenting with amplification. The QSC in my sig is a pro amp, and though I appreciate its 300 wpc (imo, more power helps with the coherence of the drivers), I wonder if a proper stereo amp would help me to like them more. Like most of my gear, the DQs came from the Midwest. Moved to St Louis and then Chicago after leaving Austin six or seven years ago. It's good to be back, even if "back" is a little more removed from the city center than I was last time. I live on a little peninsula of Cedar Park that juts out into the nw corner of Austin.
 
Back
Top Bottom