• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio Physics

Stacked

Active Member
Any of you guys using them? I heard a pair of the Tempo at Ne Plus Ultra in Austin, Tx. and was impressed.
 
Register to hide this ad
Did not care for the Tempo IIIi with an MA6900. Discovered that I don't care for the voice of the ring-radiator tweeter they were using at the time when I got a pair of Krell speakers a couple of years later that used the same tweeter. IIRC, they are no longer using the ring radiator tweeter, so may be better now. Also, believe their head design engineer left a couple of years ago so newer designs are significantly different.
 
Using Avanti V's with MC501's. As with any speaker positioning is critical but particularly so with AP's as they need room to breathe. Sound is very very good - holographic imaging, tuneful bass and excellent treble from the hyper holographic tweeter. They're also easy to drive so the 501's hardly break sweat. A signficant upgrade on my last speaker so I'm happy.
 
I listened to the new tempo's. I don't know what the model number is now up to. I heard them attached to tube Conrad Johnson pre/power amp/EAR cd player. I thought they sounded very nice, especially with the tracks that the very hospitable shop owner <Casey> picked out. I don't know if my room is the culprit, but the sound was definitely better than I am getting with my Mc275, C2300, Sonus Faber Domus Concerto's/Rel 305 sub. How much are the Avanti V's? I am not highly familiar with their line. I also heard the entry level Wilson's with the same components and they were very, very nice.
 
The Avanti's are a couple of steps up the ladder from the Tempo. As I said positioning is even more critical with AP's and it took a long time before I found the sweet spot, so in the short term they could sound dissapointing (as mine did). The dealer would know how to set them up in his dem room so I'm not suprised that they sounded good. Mac amps sound good with anything and the AP's should be no exception, especially an Mc275. AP have a comprehensive guide to positioning on their website. Here in the UK the Avanti's are around £3k cheaper than Wilson Duette's and I know which speakers I'd rather have.
 
Back
Top Bottom