Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
There's a pair of B&O Beovox S45.2's available near me with the original stands for $125. Would these be worth checking out? I haven't been able to find much about them.
Well worth checking out. S45-2's are one of, if not the, finest speakers Bang and Olufsen made. Wonderful speakers. The difference between the S-45's and the S-45-2's is amazing. I sold them new and they could stand up to anything their size when they were new.
If the woofers need refoaming, that should be taken into consideration. Stands are a bonus. They are hard to find these days. Many people might think the price is on the high side but these speakers are well worth it even if they need foam. However if they do, I'd still try to get them for less, but that's just me. If push came to shove, I'd easily pay the man what he wants.
Also, on the subject of the woofers, apparently the glue holding the magnet to the basket has been known to dry and release with age. I bought a pair a while back and found out afterwards that one of the woofers was seized because of this. If neither woofer's like that with the speakers you want to buy then great. But you'll want to consider doing something to prevent those magnets from shifting, including (but not limited to) applying more glue.
That aside, the woofers are made by Peerless, the midrange is done by SEAS and the tweeter is a Philips. All three great names in their own right.
Yeah, I did. Considering this is the only thread on these speakers on this site I was hoping for some insight from people who knew something about these speakers. If you don't like it you you didn't have to respond.
These do have that horrible connector. I picked up some off of eBay for a few bucks. Actually, it took 3 tries....long story. However, the speakers sound nice, but if they are used as mains, you'll probably want a sub.
One common spot to find them was on the back of a 70/80s Euro headunits. You can also find them on halogen lights from the PS to lamp. The PS has a female ( I ∙ ) socket on it like the speaker. It wouldn't be so bad on the speaker if it wasn't at the end of a 1" deep x 1/2" hole. One of the weirdest interface decisions ever.