• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B2

A poster on Audiokarma was discussing this issue…….



I been involved in removing the grills and cleaning quite a few NS2000 Beryllium mids and tweeters centre domes that have been pitted and corroded beyond repair……..the tweeters and mids are black with dust and other contaminants that leave these in a terrible state.

The Japanese imports are the worst I’e seen.

I give some examples here…..the corroded ones top three and my lower two how they should look
 

Attachments

  • NS2000  1.jpeg
    NS2000 1.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 35
  • NS2000  2.jpeg
    NS2000 2.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 33
  • NS2000.  3.jpeg
    NS2000. 3.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 29
  • my mid copy.jpg
    my mid copy.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 28
  • my tweeter a copy.jpg
    my tweeter a copy.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 29
A poster on Audiokarma was discussing this issue…….



I been involved in removing the grills and cleaning quite a few NS2000 Beryllium mids and tweeters centre domes that have been pitted and corroded beyond repair……..the tweeters and mids are black with dust and other contaminants that leave these in a terrible state.

The Japanese imports are the worst I’e seen.

I give some examples here…..the corroded ones top three and my lower two how they should look

nice job!
I cleaned a few of those form the NS-1000 without mask or other protection. This is how the Beryllium got into my brain that now I have a difficult time liking anything else :smoke:
 
nice job!
I cleaned a few of those form the NS-1000 without mask or other protection. This is how the Beryllium got into my brain that now I have a difficult time liking anything else :smoke:
Perhaps you should use Beryllcreem Hair Tonic.

hqdefault.jpg
 
Last edited:
I thought the beryllium tweeters were coated to protect against corrosion or, like everything else, nothing lasts forever?

Fascinating stuff Vint Age. Thank you for the copy promo stuff. Those were the days when, you could manufacture anything without a care for our planet. I thankfully, have two pairs of NS1000's. First pair bought 1982. They were powered by my lovely sounding but, underpowered Meridian 101/105 set up. The consequence was that I must have blown at least half a dozen tweeters and a couple of mids. Looking back, I can't believe that I just threw them away. I reckon I cleaned out the last of Yamaha UK stock. I was so relieved to find that Manfred Stein of QUAD MUSIKWIEDERGABE in Germany could re-coil them. Can't find anyone in the UK. He's done quite a few of mine.

My second pair NS1000, bought 2002, is powered by my B-2, of course! Which, is still going strong after Audio Clinique and my own work.

Now, a question. Can anyone recommend a better alternative to the C-2, please?
 
Those were the days when, you could manufacture anything without a care for our planet.
is not about the planet....is Big-Brother making sure you do not hurt yourself. This falls in the same category with asbestos thermal insulation, mercury thermometers etc...
 
Last edited:
Thank you Vint Age. Never seen one before. It certainly has more bells and whistles than the C-2 but, does it sound better? Instead of shaping the sound, is it not the mission to hear what the music producer wants us to hear? Less, is more of the original sound intended? However, if one is looking for maximum flexibility, this C-1 looks well equipped.
 
is it not the mission to hear what the music producer wants us to hear?

Yes indeed, as long as they're a good music producer! As you can see from the picture, most of the time I have nothing other than gain dialed in on my C-1; it basically serves as a very nice phono preamp and very occasionally I'll dial in a bit of acoustic compensation for that not so good producer. ;)

Less, is more of the original sound intended? However, if one is looking for maximum flexibility, this C-1 looks well equipped.

I'm not big on bells and whistles and prefer to run my CD player's variable O/P's directly into my B-1 and B-2. That said, the C-1 is the nicest preamp I've ever had the pleasure of listening to but YMMV. :thumbsup:

Yamaha C-1 02a.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom