• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bad Ass-5000!!

Congrats and welcome to BA 5K club.
I think your power-protection LED should be green, not red. Has anybody messed with the polarity of the plug? or with the led itself?
If I remember correctly my led is red at the start up and then goes green.
 
Congrats and welcome to BA 5K club.
I think your power-protection LED should be green, not red. Has anybody messed with the polarity of the plug? or with the led itself?
If I remember correctly my led is red at the start up and then goes green.

Haha nice catch! It was functioning properly, I believe it is just hooked up backwards, starts green then turns red..
 
There's a dude on YouTube with a pair of BA5000s, a pair of MC2300s, and a pair of MC2500s with all kinds of crazy vids. I have a pair of MC2300s and pair of MC2600s but would still like a BA-5k!

Do you have a link?, couldn't find them..
Oh never mind I think I found them..
 

is this better? I used my phone instead of slr to record, sound is way better, but I need a way to hold it now. Lol
 
Last edited:
I believe you have done a serious mistake. Are you powering BA5K from Au? using one of it's switched outlets?
On the video I noticed the power up was immediate with the au. Disconnect the BA5K from the au outlet or you will destroy au's power switch and some other things too.
 
Ok good to know thanks!!
I was unaware of that..but it does make sense, good thing I don't play very loud I guess :)
 
Last edited:
Just to be clear DO NOT plug the BA5K into the power sockets at the back of the AU - plug the BA5K and the AU into separate wall power outlets.

Sorry to stress this point but, I can't be sure from your responses that you understand how inadvisable it is to power the BA5K from the accessory power sockets on the AU.

Jomark has sharp eyes and is exactly right to point this out to you in my opinion.
 
Yes thanks, I hadn't taken into consideration the power difference in the 2 units, and the fact that they were drawing at the same time..
 
Well, the main thing is if you had left it like it was, you would be blasting the hell out of the AU power switch every time you turn the combination on.

Those accessory power sockets are meant for the lightest consumption devices, like Tuners, CD players and EQ's - not Sansui's biggest, heaviest and most powerful amplifier. :)
 
Vintageo, the serial number you posted for the BA 5000 is missing a digit. I believe the first digit is missing, can you confirm the first digit?

Thanks.

- Pete
 
Referencing the 31 BA-5000s on file and looking at the last 7 digits, all those built in November 1975 were built on Line 24 so lets assign it a 24.

The production did move around early on.
First production, Sept '75, line 23
Oct '75, line 22 (only one example could be a typo)
November '75, line 23
December '75, line 24 then it stayed on this line until the end of production, December '77 (The last sn on file).

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom