• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bad Ass-5000!!

I'm having an issue with the amp, when pusshed a bit, the right speaker pops, I'm guessing outputs? I tried with 3 sets of speakers, all the same issue, ruled out AU-7500 that I was using as preamp.
 
Well there certainly shouldn't be any measurable DC at the speaker terminals due to the output transformers. Likely, having the amp serviced by a qualified tech will cure what ails it.

Oh - did you swap speakers from one channel to the other in an effort to see if the same channel is always to blame?
 
Well there certainly shouldn't be any measurable DC at the speaker terminals due to the output transformers. Likely, having the amp serviced by a qualified tech will cure what ails it.

Oh - did you swap speakers from one channel to the other in an effort to see if the same channel is always to blame?
I used 3 different sets of speakers, no issues with other amps, or these speakers. also the meters were showing peaks of around 300, but there is no way they weren't that loud..reason I suspect OT's
 
I think the problem was with the way my friend asked me to play it, bass cranked, loudness on and loud! Was just too much low end punch for the speakers to handle, but still was always just in the right side, maybe DC offset is off..
 
Update, after a lengthy disassembly of the front end to get to the sealed pots, I was able to open them up enough to get some cleaner in there. That made a big difference!:beerchug:
I have it connected to my newly acquired Cornwalls which I sold 2 years ago and just got back!:rflmao:
I am currently using a small Yamaha C-45 preamp to control the Bad Ass 5000:naughty:, and with good results! I am on the lookout for a big Sansui Pre though, hard to find!:(
Now for the sound, :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::jump::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :music::music::music::music::music:
Cornwalls can be a bit bright, but I can turn down mids and highs easily with the pre to a level that is just Magic! They do everything right together!:)
Not to leave out my other speakers, this thing makes them all sound great!:biggrin:
 
Hi,
I was fortunate to get my hands on a BA-5000. Everything works great except one meter does not work After a comprehensive inspection by a competent technician he confirmed that the coils behind the meter is the problem.
He is not able to repair it and I need another meter to replace it (wish me good luck finding another one).
Do you know anyone who possibly can fix the meter ? Any other ideas would be appreciate It !
 
Hi,
I was fortunate to get my hands on a BA-5000. Everything works great except one meter does not work After a comprehensive inspection by a competent technician he confirmed that the coils behind the meter is the problem.
He is not able to repair it and I need another meter to replace it (wish me good luck finding another one).
Do you know anyone who possibly can fix the meter ? Any other ideas would be appreciate It !

Hi,

I had a meter from a BA-2000 repaired - see the forth post in this thread

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ba-2000-on-the-bench.694143/

I am not sure if the company I used in the above thread is still doing repairs to meters (it isn’t specifically mentioned on their website), but they ares fill in the analogue meter business and they were very helpful when in contacted them to arrange for a repair (shipped faulty meter from Australia to California, and they repaired in and shipped it back to me)

Hope this helps
Cheers
John
 
Hi,

I had a meter from a BA-2000 repaired - see the forth post in this thread

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ba-2000-on-the-bench.694143/

I am not sure if the company I used in the above thread is still doing repairs to meters (it isn’t specifically mentioned on their website), but they ares fill in the analogue meter business and they were very helpful when in contacted them to arrange for a repair (shipped faulty meter from Australia to California, and they repaired in and shipped it back to me)

Hope this helps
Cheers
John
Thank you so much John, I will reach out to them on Monday !
 
Back
Top Bottom