• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bands With One Good Song

Estring

Shepherd
I thought this could be a fun thread.
What bands have one song that knocks your socks off, but everything else you've heard by them just doesn't do it for you.
I am talking about JUST ONE song that you like and the rest of what you have heard by that band you don't like.
I can think of three bands right off the top of my head.
Cry Of Love- Bad Thing. This song sounds like a lost Bad Company classic, but everything else I have heard by them sounds like generic Southern Rock.
Norman Greenbaum- Spirit In The Sky. Nothing else I have heard by him even comes close to this song. Love that fuzz guitar.
Focus-Hocus Pocus. Everything else they have done sounds like lesser versions of this cool song.
 
Register to hide this ad
Sugarloaf. They had one hit, although I actually do like that entire album. And I guess World Party is out too (I actually like A LOT of their stuff, now that I think about it). Damn, this is harder than I thought. I don't know. Mungo Jerry, maybe?

Wait, I got it. Bloodrock. I love "DOA" like a child loves big Xmas presents, but I really don't care for much else from them. Oh, and Blues Image, and possibly the Stone Roses.

Lee Michaels?

And by the way, if somebody says Al Stewart, they'll have me to deal with... :nono:
 
Last edited:
Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison. I never could share a bit of all that Oribison excitement, but that song I like very much. Heard it for the first time when I was about six.
 
Blues Image- Ride Captain Ride

Jaggerz- The Rapper

Loved both of these back in the day but for the life of me I can't remember any other song off of either album.
 
"Sausalito Summer Night"...Diesel
"We Ride Tonight"...Sherbs
"Driver's Seat"...Sniff & The Tears
"Kickin' The Kans"...Headboys
"Take Me To Your Leader"...Sinceros
"Girl Of My Dreams"...Bram Tchaikovsky
"Midnight Rendevous"...The Babys

Re: The Jaggerz. Donnie Iris' (Dominic Ierace) first band. His "Ah, Leah" almost qualifies for this thread. Great tune.
And, re: Bloodrock. If you run across "Bloodrock II" grab it. "Lucky In The Morning" is worth the price of admission.
 
+1 on 'Ride Captain Ride'

'Butterfly of Love'. loved that song; no idea what else he did.

'Tuesday's Gone' by Lynrd Skynrd. nothing else they did clicked with me.
 
"Dancin' in the Moonlight" King Harvest
"Please Come to Boston" Dave Loggins
"Kung Fu Fighting" Carl Douglas
"How Long?" Ace
"Magic" Pilot
 
"Dancin' in the Moonlight" King Harvest
"Please Come to Boston" Dave Loggins
"Kung Fu Fighting" Carl Douglas
"How Long?" Ace
"Magic" Pilot

I suppose it's true that the band Ace itself would be a "one hit wonder", but it was only the first of many vehicles for the vocal, multi instrumental, and composing talents of Paul Carrack, who moved from success to success in the music business after forming, then departing Ace.
 
"Sausalito Summer Night"...Diesel
"We Ride Tonight"...Sherbs
"Driver's Seat"...Sniff & The Tears
"Kickin' The Kans"...Headboys
"Take Me To Your Leader"...Sinceros
"Girl Of My Dreams"...Bram Tchaikovsky
"Midnight Rendevous"...The Babys

Re: The Jaggerz. Donnie Iris' (Dominic Ierace) first band. His "Ah, Leah" almost qualifies for this thread. Great tune.
And, re: Bloodrock. If you run across "Bloodrock II" grab it. "Lucky In The Morning" is worth the price of admission.

Sorry but I beg to differ on this one ""Driver's Seat"...Sniff & The Tears"
I think many of those who say this possibly never heard any more "good" stuff" by many Bands because they didn't get the "Airplay"?The song mentioned above is on an Album,have you heard all this Album? I have and there are other songs on it that ain't bad and I would assume that this is the case on many other Artist's Albums!Years ago I believe that DJ's played what they liked more often than not and thus "Hits" were born because of it and nothing more:):thmbsp:
 
I suppose it's true that the band Ace itself would be a "one hit wonder", but it was only the first of many vehicles for the vocal, multi instrumental, and composing talents of Paul Carrack, who moved from success to success in the music business after forming, then departing Ace.

They don't have to be one hit wonder bands. They could have a ton of hits, but just one resonated with you.
 
Back
Top Bottom