• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bands With One Good Song

"Eve of Destruction" by Barry Mcguire.

Shelly_D

McGuire also had the 1963 hit "Green Green" singing lead with The New Christy Minstrels. Incidently, backing him on "Eve of Destruction" were the original members of The Grass Roots.
 
Last edited:
"Afternoon Delight" Starland Vocal Band..Have you REALLY listened to this one ? OK, yeah, its maudlin Seventies pop crap at its best/worst, but they DID do a pretty good job on harmonies..
 
"Venus" - Shocking Blue
"American Pie"- Don McLean
"Cars" - Gary Neuman
"Incense and Peppermints" - Strawberry Alarmclock
 
The Beatles - "Octopus's Garden" Everything else was just kind of "meh".

I know this is all about personal opinion but to call Penny Lane, Hey Jude and Let it Be (to name only 3 off the top of my head) just "meh" is something I need to take exception to, and I am not a real big Beatles fan.

Shelly_D
 
4 Non-Blondes -What's Up. One of my favorite songs, but the rest of the album is dull.

Fishbone - Sunless Saturday. Great song, but the rest of the album takes a lot of suffering and willpower to get through.
 
It's hard to respond without this turning into "one hit wonder" but here goes...

"Hocus Pocus" by Focus
"Fantasy" by Aldo Nova
"Right Place, Wrong Time" by Dr. John
"On the Loose" by Saga
"Baby I love You" by Cold Blood
 
There are no bands or artist that I have found to only have one good song, I have always found at least another. Now there are plenty who have no good songs at all though.
 
I know this is all about personal opinion but to call Penny Lane, Hey Jude and Let it Be (to name only 3 off the top of my head) just "meh" is something I need to take exception to, and I am not a real big Beatles fan.

Shelly_D

Ah, man, he was just yankin' yer chain to get a rise.:D
 
It's hard to respond without this turning into "one hit wonder" but here goes...

"Hocus Pocus" by Focus
"Fantasy" by Aldo Nova
"Right Place, Wrong Time" by Dr. John
"On the Loose" by Saga
"Baby I love You" by Cold Blood

Did ya' forget "Walk on Gilded Splinters" (DJ) or "Valdez in the Country", "You Had to Know" or "First taste of Sin" (CB). They might not have been huge radio hits, but the got played here in the PNW and are all great tunes.
 
Did ya' forget "Walk on Gilded Splinters" (DJ) or "Valdez in the Country", "You Had to Know" or "First taste of Sin" (CB). They might not have been huge radio hits, but the got played here in the PNW and are all great tunes.

Ok, I retract my Dr. John entry...forgot about WOGS fro him. Ironically, with the radio on right now they just played on Dan Akroyd's blues show cuts from his recent album "Locked Down" and a song called Getaway. It is fantastic!

The Cold Blood stuff I will have to check out, thought I'd heard them before but maybe not.

That's what's so cool about this forum, people can point you in a direction you may not have thought of on your own! :music:
 
Back
Top Bottom