• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bang & Olufsen RL 140's

indyhawg

Well-Known Member
I picked up these B & O RL140's a few weeks back. Sound nice, but I feel they could use a recap. Anyone ever recapped these?
 

Attachments

  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 75
Register to hide this ad
Nice! Great that you got the stands.

I refoamed and recapped some for a friend, but I used electrolytics because he didn't want me spending much money on them.
 
Last edited:
I have the rl 60.2.. While I have yet to recap them I have had them apart and the crossovers are pretty easy to work on the way they are mounted. It seems like that with all things B&O it would be a good idea to look at the crossovers as they seem to all be prone to heat damage to the components. Seems like the wire wound resistors take a beating if they are over driven. Of the six various pairs of speakers from B&O I have owned five have needed some type of work done to them. I bet they will sound exceptional when brought fully back to original condition.
 
I had them. Top of the "Red Line" (RL). Impressive sound. Then the foams became defective. But my refoaming efforts failled because of a lack of knowledge then.
 
I had them. Top of the "Red Line" (RL). Impressive sound. Then the foams became defective. But my refoaming efforts failled because of a lack of knowledge then.

The previous owner refoamed them. last year. I am not sure why he did not go ahead and do the recap while he had them apart. I will get the recap in as one of my winter projects.
 
It seems like that with all things B&O it would be a good idea to look at the crossovers as they seem to all be prone to heat damage to the components. Seems like the wire wound resistors take a beating if they are over driven.

Any idea why they get heat damage?
 
I have never heard this about the RLs, although maybe I missed it.

I have heard about it for the older S75s, although mine were fine.
 
To be the nerdy one - COOL!!!

Recapping won't hurt. I would just dive in, do the job, and see what you think afterwards.
 
Back
Top Bottom