• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bass levels at live shows

Very much agree on the excessive bass levels (and you'll notice what I'm wearing in my avatar!). I no longer go to live shows due to this reason.In fact,the overall levels are generally unbearable,and,despite all of the incredible technology available today,it seems that most ''sound techs'' couldn't mix Kool-Aid properly,let alone a live band.

Quite frankly,I'm glad I no longer play live.Although all of this Horton Heat talk makes me want to drag out my upright and put a beating on it:rockon:
 
Most concerts do have too much bass nowadays. The drums just sound unnaturally bassy. Usually they don't overwhelm the rest of the music too much at the large venues, but it usually feels like it's going to knock your teeth out. I bet it has something to do with the love for Beats headphones and "competition" car stereos in the current generation and just not knowing better in general. Being part of this generation, I went through that thinking, but I know better now.
 
Back
Top Bottom