• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Beatles Gleefully Outdone

have the haters actually watched a whole episode? if so, hate on. if not, try it out. its a hilarious and very twisted show. the cast is very talented and they make some of this pop crap actually tolerable.

my name is dave....and i am a gleek.
 
I see this going out of control. All I see on the show are a group of high school kids who pull off singing countless numbers in the choir room with a full band, full time accompanist in full dress with no rehearsals. Let the masses have their auto-tuned over-the-top and loudness-compressed cover songs. We will stick to our music in its purest medium.

Also....

I make a motion to outlaw the word "haters" on AK.
 
Hah! I just realized my wife is rewatching the Glee episode from this week and they're singing "I Want To Hold Your Hand". So is it fair that they use a Beatle song to beat the Beatle record of records in the top 100?
 
There's no way that the Gleatles could ever surpass the Beatles if they had to rely on radio airplay to sell their songs. Then take away the instant downloading/lazy factor. If you wanted a Beatles song,you actually had to go to a store and buy it. No comparison what-so-ever.
 
We already most, if not all, of their "hits" as they're covers of already tested & successful numbers. I think I recall having read somewhere that the Glee cover of "Don't Stop Believin'" is to some extent responsible for reviving the career of Journey. Now I have a valid reason to not like Glee. :smoke:

Crap. That's why I was working in my front yard and heard a couple of tween boys singing Don't Stop Believin' out loud. For some reason I just assumed that they had cool parents who had turned their kids on to some decent tunes. the fact it was Journey, not withstanding.

But no, it was Glee. :thumbsdn:
 
Last edited:
There's no way that the Gleatles could ever surpass the Beatles if they had to rely on radio airplay to sell their songs. Then take away the instant downloading/lazy factor. If you wanted a Beatles song,you actually had to go to a store and buy it. No comparison what-so-ever.
Exactly! :yes: And the Beatles wrote their own music, much of which was groundbreaking material, not just over-produced cover songs.
 
So is it fair that they use a Beatle song to beat the Beatle record of records in the top 100?

Nothing about this is fair. :) But it is ironic.

There's no way that the Gleatles could ever surpass the Beatles if they had to rely on radio airplay to sell their songs. Then take away the instant downloading/lazy factor. If you wanted a Beatles song,you actually had to go to a store and buy it. No comparison what-so-ever.

Very good points, I totally agree with you and hadn't even thought of it that way.
 
Wow!!!!! I just picked up this way cooooooollll music!!!! Beat-something!!! Their stuff sounds sortof like GLEEE!!!!
 
Hey! Guess what? There are like four times as many people now as there used to be!

More people to break records with mean more records broken.

It's math!
 
I enjoyed the pilot of "Glee" and then faded after the first two episodes. I have some sort of internal limit re: musical numbers.

If the Glee stuff is sellinng (and I don't doubt that), they are certainly not playing any of these covers on Top 40 radio.
 
Son of a frick, frack... I went over to the Billboard 100 site. What a crapped up site that is, not even mentioning the music. It doesn't display right, it looks like a 3 year old made it and it seems ot be full of viruses and things not good to your system.

I clicked on the Paramore link to play a clip of the song and it went to a nameless Facebook page and immediatly started downloading a virus. It even had a nice little download meter, all the while telling me I was infected and my system was going to be corrupted. Then it started to scan my files at the same time while offering me a chance to buy the software to fix the problem they had just given me.

No wonder kids are having so much trouble with viruses and crap. I figured that site would be somewhat legit. There were a few I knew and like. Katy Perry is cool enough and Taylor Swift can go from tolerable to really good. There were a few decent songs, though I didn't get past the second page before the aforementioned viral attack.

Other than all that, most of the music was crap. Fvck You (Forget You)? This is what we are getting for song titles now? We've come a long way from Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.
 
Son of a frick, frack... I went over to the Billboard 100 site. What a crapped up site that is, not even mentioning the music. It doesn't display right, it looks like a 3 year old made it and it seems ot be full of viruses and things not good to your system.

I clicked on the Paramore link to play a clip of the song and it went to a nameless Facebook page and immediatly started downloading a virus. It even had a nice little download meter, all the while telling me I was infected and my system was going to be corrupted. Then it started to scan my files at the same time while offering me a chance to buy the software to fix the problem they had just given me.

No wonder kids are having so much trouble with viruses and crap. I figured that site would be somewhat legit. There were a few I knew and like. Katy Perry is cool enough and Taylor Swift can go from tolerable to really good. There were a few decent songs, though I didn't get past the second page before the aforementioned viral attack.

Other than all that, most of the music was crap. Fvck You (Forget You)? This is what we are getting for song titles now? We've come a long way from Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.
How true and how terribly sad, especially your last paragraph. :sigh:
 
Not of it is originals.... All they do is sing other people's songs...

We TIVOed it and watched the last 2 episodes over the weekend, just to see what it was all about.
The Brittney episode was Brittney, no surprises there, but "Grilled Cheesus" was funny idea -
the story was good, choice of music was very creative; REM, Beatles, etc - like a good DJ on a theme -
but when they opened their mouths and "sang" - OMG - all I can hear is the synthesizer tone of the Autotune that locks them all on pitch!

I don't know if they can actually sing or not, but on the show they are synthetic syngers - no indication of any real talent ...
we saw the two episodes and cancelled the Season pass - we just can't watch any more ...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom