• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best speaker score under $100

This pair of Electrovoice Regency III corner horns from 1956 for $50 at a GW. 135lbs+ each.


EV2.jpg


EV1.jpg



IMG_0283.jpg

We haaaave a winnah'!

Man, those are beautiful cabs.
 
Mission is one brand I will likely explore at some point.... as soon as I get this crazy Wharfedale business out of my system. :thmbsp:
 
OK, since others listed freebies....

AR3a, free close friend
AR3a, free, via a friend of a friend
Pioneer S-910, free, fellow AKer. Not including gas (over 500 miles round trip)
Pioneer S-710, $25 GW
JBL L88 Nova, free (same person gave me AR3a)
Allison CD7, $5 yard sale
Advent/1, $5 yard sale

Can't recall other deals at the moment.
 
Is it just me, or are these deals getting very rare? I go to GW today and a pair of CV HED U 103 I think, were asking $99!! Is it just me or is that crazy, I mean they get them for FREE!
 
We haaaave a winnah'!

Man, those are beautiful cabs.

Thanks GT, they are! I think I died and went to heaven when I saw them on the GW floor. The cabs were designed by Paul Klipsch in the 50's. They have chrome plated EV driver's inside. They sound awesome & present a huge soundstage because of the massive cab design/size.
 
Thanks GT, they are! I think I died and went to heaven when I saw them on the GW floor. The cabs were designed by Paul Klipsch in the 50's. They have chrome plated EV driver's inside. They sound awesome & present a huge soundstage because of the massive cab design/size.

Yes very SWEET!!
 
A pair of Marantz HD 66 speakers.
With senior citizen discount, and including tax....out the GW door for $3.88 total.
 
There seem to be Craigslist deal still available. You may go to see.some pile.of average stuff and ask for.speakers and get a " uh, I think my dad had some in the garage" from a guy just trying to make room. I don't think a lot of folks want to deal.with the monstrosity of speakers, they just want them gone and they think no one else wants to bother. This summer I'm going.to always ask this question
 
Someone here posted a local to me CL ad for some TF1000s for $100. When I asked the seller if I needed to bring a receiver to test he emailed me back and said that one wasn't working right so $50. They are in cosmetically good condition with original boxes but found a bad crossover and a loose solder joint. Unfortunately I have had too many other things to do, I have had the x-overs supposedly repaired but every time I go to put them back together something else gets my attention :(
 
Yes very SWEET!!

^^^ Thanks!


I used to find some great stuff at the thifts five years ago or so, but now not so much. I did find these JBL L50's on the JBL stands with hang tags in excellent condition back then for $48. I still have them around here somewhere. Great sounding speakers. The pix are before cleaning & refoam.


IMG_0914.jpg


IMG_0903.jpg
 
DOES NOT QUALIFY!!

But for $100 on the nose I got a pair of AR-11's with one bad woofer. The recone on the bad woof was just over $100. Love 'em very much!
 
Well I can't really compete with some of these deals, but here goes...

KLH Model 5 - $15.00
AR 2AX - $20.00
DCM Time Windows 1A - $50.00
EPI M602 - $60.00

And I know these don't qualify, but it was a great deal IMHO...
Dahlquist DQ-30 - $200.00

PK
 
My first vintage speakers were a pair of Klipsch KG-4s for $80.

I paid the same amount for a pair of Dynaco A-25s and some DCM TF-600s, and I scored a pair of Epicure 10s for half that.
 
Back
Top Bottom