• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bic Venturi Formula 2's

JohnInICT

ROCK N ROLL!
Subscriber
I have a chance to pick up a pair of Bic Venturi Formula 2's...I know nothing at all about them. Can someone who is familiar chime in on these?
 
Register to hide this ad
I've never heard them but heard good things about them back in the day. Supposed to be fairly high efficiency speakers. JOHN
 
I've had a pair for a few months and like them quite a bit. Not potent or overly defined bass, but they are solid in the highs and mids. Nice on vocals, it's the clearest I've heard Neil Young in a while. Sounded good with tubes and ss gear. As mentioned previously, they are quite efficient. If the price is reasonable to you, get them. Not a totl speaker, but good to try for a while, made me curious enough to want to try the Formula 6. Mine have grills but even without them, they are quite attractive to me. Very cool monitor look. It won't change your life, but add it to the 'I've tried it' bank in my case.
 
Last edited:
sure

I have a set.
I grew up with BIC 4 and 66.
Set up a couple sets of 5s.
Good rock speakers.
Those vintage BIC were known for the bass.
Times have changed a bit, but still, they are a good solid speaker.

Worth bringing home if they are reasonable to cheap.
I certainly wouldn't pay what some ebay sellers "think" they are worth.
Anything more that about 10 to 12 gallons of gas is too much.

OH, and ALL the original foam grills rotted away a long time ago, so don't look for any.
AND make SURE the mid range horns work. They tend to be the weak point. Replacements come up but they run a few bucks too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom