• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

BIC Venturi Formula 6 Spec II

I was glad to see this thread get picked up again. I just picked up a pair of Bic Formula 4's and Formula 6's. I just wanted the 6's but the person selling them wanted both pairs sold together Not as refined as some of the other speakers I have like ADS, Boston Acoustics and Cambridge Soundworks but man can these rock. The bass is tight and the sound to me is reminiscent of Cerwin Vegas from the same time period. The tweeters are a little on the bright side, but the combination of the punchy bass and the highs make these a great rock speaker. Neither pair has grills since the foam rotted within 10 years of purchasing in most cases. I was fortunate to find a guy on ebay that sells grills for the 6's. Those just shipped today and someone had a set of badges which are coming later today. The cabinets are in fantastic shape on both sets. Original owner from the 70s. If anyone knows someone that can make me a set of grills for the 4's, please let me know. Thanks!

I am working on making original looking foam grills for B.I.C. Formula 3's right now.
I will post pictures. The Formula 4 are the same, only longer.
I'm working on finding the original colors they had availlable, like so;venturi_formula_4_1882502.jpg
 
Will you be making these to sell or just for your own use? If selling, any thoughts on price for a pair of the 4's? My 6 covers are coming Monday. They have black cloth but I am thinking of replacing them with red. Thanks!
 
I've just done the first pair, trying to perfect my technique. I might sell some, for Formulas 1,2,3 and 4 but these won't be top shelf Sonofagun JBL Quadrex awesome, i'm just a DIY guy in my garage!.
They are open cell foam, just like the ones pictured above.
You'd like foam ones?.
I even had the grill logos copies made. I will post pictures soon and start a thread
about how people can make their own grills. I use the hot wire method.
 
It's a little dark but these look good from what I can tell. I just got my grills and badges today and put them on. Not foam, but the guy who did them worked for Bic from 1960-1980 and knew what he was doing. Very happy with them. $140 shipped for the pair. $13 for the badges shipped. Exact same badges as the ones you have in the pic. The drivers and cabinets look and sound like they probably did back in 73. It was worth the investment getting the rest of it together.
 

Attachments

  • 20210628_134859.jpg
    20210628_134859.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210628_133812.jpg
    20210628_133812.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 25
BTW, where did you get the logos made? Are they plastic? As I mentioned, I am in need of grills and logos for the 4. Red would be best for me. Thanks!
 
BTW, where did you get the logos made? Are they plastic? As I mentioned, I am in need of grills and logos for the 4. Red would be best for me. Thanks!

Thanks again!. I could make a pair for you, in red but, i would like you to measure the width and height of the front (the baffle). I have Formula 3's here and i think Formula 4's are the same width: 12.5inches plus 1/4 inch "tongues" on each sides that slot into the recesses. Can you confirm?. I need the precise height of the grille itself too.
As for the paint color, the best is that you paint them yourself or, that you tell me exactly the brand and # of the color. I need to find better foam too...
The logos i had made for me are plastified printed cardboard, they look really nice!. PM me for details, we are derailling this thread!
 
I have a pair pf the BIC VENTURI FORMULA 6 SPEC II that I bought new in 77and like them fairly well but don t much about them.
 
I've just done the first pair, trying to perfect my technique. I might sell some, for Formulas 1,2,3 and 4 but these won't be top shelf Sonofagun JBL Quadrex awesome, i'm just a DIY guy in my garage!.
They are open cell foam, just like the ones pictured above.
You'd like foam ones?.
I even had the grill logos copies made. I will post pictures soon and start a thread
about how people can make their own grills. I use the hot wire method.
Can similar foams still be purchased? There's a set of 2's I'm looking at with no grills, and would the blue foams....
 
If you go back in this thread there is a gentlemen that did a nice job making some for his 4's. He has detailed instructions that I think he would share on how to make them. Other than that, there is no one that I am aware of that makes them.
 
If you go back in this thread there is a gentlemen that did a nice job making some for his 4's. He has detailed instructions that I think he would share on how to make them. Other than that, there is no one that I am aware of that makes them.
Thanks John!
 
Thanks again!. I could make a pair for you, in red but, i would like you to measure the width and height of the front (the baffle). I have Formula 3's here and i think Formula 4's are the same width: 12.5inches plus 1/4 inch "tongues" on each sides that slot into the recesses. Can you confirm?. I need the precise height of the grille itself too.
As for the paint color, the best is that you paint them yourself or, that you tell me exactly the brand and # of the color. I need to find better foam too...
The logos i had made for me are plastified printed cardboard, they look really nice!. PM me for details, we are derailling this thread!
Hi would you make formula 2’s in blue?
 
Back
Top Bottom