• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bozak B 300 Speakers - $350

His description is pretty thorough, and fairly accurate. It seems genuine and honest.
But the aluminum coned versions of the tweets (B-200-Y) and mids, if so equipped(B-209-B), are coated in a dull black latex 'secret Bozak' substance.
Therefore nothing to reflect back. If you see silver reflect back, its the center cap of the 200-x paper tweets.
I myself am unsure when then change to aluminum took place. I thought it was late '62 or '63. But it may well've been 1961.
As to the Mid-Century cabs, AFAIK, they are the most common, the Moorish style is by far the rarest 300-302A.
 
His description is pretty thorough, and fairly accurate. It seems genuine and honest.
But the aluminum coned versions of the tweets (B-200-Y) and mids, if so equipped(B-209-B), are coated in a dull black latex 'secret Bozak' substance.
Therefore nothing to reflect back. If you see silver reflect back, its the center cap of the 200-x paper tweets.
I myself am unsure when then change to aluminum took place. I thought it was late '62 or '63. But it may well've been 1961.
As to the Mid-Century cabs, AFAIK, they are the most common, the Moorish style is by far the rarest 300-302A.

Thanks, I guess I need to find a few internal pics to get familiar with what should be inside. I'll go do another google search and look at the images I find.
 
If I were local to you, I'd go with. Bring a cordless drill,with a flat head(and a #2 Phillips for grill removel)open the backs up. It's really not hard. (ask if he minds though)

Also there should be two screws under the bottom of the cabinet even with the grill, and two inside, up top on the bottom edge of the grill that remove the front. Should be a brass/faux wood color. All easily accessible from outside the cab.
 
If I were local to you, I'd go with. Bring a cordless drill,with a flat head(and a #2 Phillips for grill removel)open the backs up. It's really not hard. (ask if he minds though)

Also there should be two screws under the bottom of the cabinet even with the grill, and two inside, up top on the bottom edge of the grill that remove the front. Should be a brass/faux wood color. All easily accessible from outside the cab.

:yes: IIRC my 302s have 18 slot-heads holding the back on. And 6 screws for the grilles, three on the upper, three below the bottom. I can't remember what head type though.
 
:yes: IIRC my 302s have 18 slot-heads holding the back on. And 6 screws for the grilles, three on the upper, three below the bottom. I can't remember what head type though.

Slot heads on the back, Phillips on the front. And I think your right on the three up top and bottom.
 
Well, I got them!!! I paid $200, and he threw in a pair of a/d/s L780/2 speakers (one has a non-operating woofer and another is minus the grill), but still...
FREE A/D/S WITH PURCHASE!!!!!

I LOOOOVE a/d/s gear, so this was great! I'll try to bring them back to life at some point. In the meantime, I have these massive Bozak's to contend with. I'll post pics and full story soon, but for now, I'm beat. Oh, and he also gave me three cases of shotgun shells! This guy was nice and generous! He made my day!!!
:banana:
 
You can empty the shells and make a nice set of speaker stands with the pellets.

Congrats on getting them and the free bonus.
 
and, here are the pics! I'll crack them open soon and get internal shots, too. But, for now this will have to do...

427231_10151014643857817_1528501923_n.jpg


530975_10151014643977817_39188566_n.jpg
 
Really nce looking Urban cabs. Before opening, spend some time listening to get their flavor. When you open then you'll find a piece of the acoustic material hanging. It is designed that way so don't rip it out.

Als, there is a nutty Bozak group on Yahoo, a number who are Bozak geeks.Great place to hang out.
 
youll love the bozaks

thats a really good deal for the bozaks,i have a pr of b-4000 symphonys,full redone with tobin xovers,rudy bozak was way before his time,there is nothing as detailed as bozaks,they have done blind comparisions with $40,000.00 speakers,bozaks have won hands down,if done right..in yahoo there is a bozak speaker group i belong to and believe me there are guys in there that can have any speakers they want,they have bozaks,im getting ready to biamp mine,just waiting on 1 of my marantz 250 to get done,its at irebuildmarantz.com as we speak,got amp #1 back 2 weeks ago,and it is sweet,sweet,sweet...if you got the room get the symphonys or the concert grands,the symphonys have 2-12 in woofers,1-8in mid,and 8 -2in tweeters,the grands have 4-12in woofs,2-8in mid,and 8-2in tweets,but there big,you need at least 10-15 feet away from them,mine right now not biamped,if i were to blind fold ya,you would think,what ever you listening to was live in my listening room,so,so detailed,and imiging,sound stage ,so awesome...my 2 cents....youll love them..
 
thats a really good deal for the bozaks,i have a pr of b-4000 symphonys,full redone with tobin xovers,rudy bozak was way before his time,there is nothing as detailed as bozaks,they have done blind comparisions with $40,000.00 speakers,bozaks have won hands down,if done right..in yahoo there is a bozak speaker group i belong to and believe me there are guys in there that can have any speakers they want,they have bozaks,im getting ready to biamp mine,just waiting on 1 of my marantz 250 to get done,its at irebuildmarantz.com as we speak,got amp #1 back 2 weeks ago,and it is sweet,sweet,sweet...if you got the room get the symphonys or the concert grands,the symphonys have 2-12 in woofers,1-8in mid,and 8 -2in tweeters,the grands have 4-12in woofs,2-8in mid,and 8-2in tweets,but there big,you need at least 10-15 feet away from them,mine right now not biamped,if i were to blind fold ya,you would think,what ever you listening to was live in my listening room,so,so detailed,and imiging,sound stage ,so awesome...my 2 cents....youll love them..

I'll keep my eye out for a pair, but I won't be holding my breath! What do they run, dollar-wise? They sound expensive!
 
I'll keep my eye out for a pair, but I won't be holding my breath! What do they run, dollar-wise? They sound expensive!

I'd call the guy with the 501s and see if they're still available. The 501s are almost Symphonies, but in a cabinet only 1 third larger than your current pair of 302As. And at a more reasonable price. And most of the 501s I've seen come with the Bozak factory mounted bi-amp terminals, just like a lot of the much larger Symphonies and even larger still Concert Grands did.:D
 
there was a guy in the bozak group just a few weeks ago that had a pr of pristine symphs set up all ready for biamp,they were the ceramic drivers,71 or 73 yr,he was asking 800.00,if ya like the sound of ceramic drivers,so anywere from a 1000.00 for sysmphs,1500.00 for grands
 
there was a guy in the bozak group just a few weeks ago that had a pr of pristine symphs set up all ready for biamp,they were the ceramic drivers,71 or 73 yr,he was asking 800.00,if ya like the sound of ceramic drivers,so anywere from a 1000.00 for sysmphs,1500.00 for grands

That's the high end of the market really. I've seen Symphs sit unsold at $300. With Bozaks, especially the larger ones, The Symphony and Concert Grand, you need that one really interested/knowledgeable local buyer. Or they just sit, or more often than not they get parted out. :tears:
 
there was a guy in the bozak group just a few weeks ago that had a pr of pristine symphs set up all ready for biamp,they were the ceramic drivers,71 or 73 yr,he was asking 800.00,if ya like the sound of ceramic drivers,so anywere from a 1000.00 for sysmphs,1500.00 for grands

Symph price your spot on, but the grands, I feel your off. Depending on drivers.
 
Back
Top Bottom