• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Brand new Kenwood KA-7100

mzeitlin3348

See it and Believe
How much would a brand new Kenwood KA-7100 int. amp. cost today if it were new in the box- still in plastic wrap?


How much did they cost back in the 70's when new?
 
Register to hide this ad
MSRP was $315, but back then only fools paid MSRP, as brands like Pioneer and Kenwood were heavily discounted. A more likely selling price was probably between $250 and $285. If built today, the price would only be a guess, but $750 would be in the ballpark.
 
Very Nice Piece

I picke done up off ebay last week in mint condition for $80 off Ebay, with wood case. Beautiful piece.

Should match well with the 6500 tuner I have.
 
I like these amps- got two of these model 7100s.

$80-$120 ave. selling price, though I've seen 'em around $30lower and higher than that.
 
The 7100 sells for fairly cheap because Kenwood made a bazillion of them. Between the KA-7100 and KA-3500, these two units probably accounted for better than 20% of Kenwood sales for the years they were offered (and is why there are always three or four of each being auctioned on eBay at any given time).
 
vintagestereo said:
The 9100 is the one to have from this series. NIB? Anyone's guess! :D


Don't know, I'm just hoping EchoWars has another cash crunch @ Christmas like he did back in 2005 and needs to sell another one for $250.00 :D :yes:
 
I notice no one has been going after this 9100:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-KA-9100...ryZ67783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I actually bought it months ago, but before he shipped it, he claimed the right channel went out and if I still wanted it - I told him, not for the price I paid, I offerred half and he said no. He's been trying to sell it ever since.

Any ideas why it won't sell? not even one bid.

I won't touch it - sounded to fishy for me.

....but I would gladly buy one of EchoWars rejects ....
 
I'm fixing to buy a KA-601 for my wife's pleasure. A sweet perfect little boy. . .

This thread got me thinking. . .Does the 601 have the 'special' output devices??? Or hopefully its more mainstream. . .The amp is absolutly gorgeous and even though it has only 40-45wpc it will run my (her) Sansui SP-3500s crazy. . .

Mine. . .I submitted an 80.00 dollar offer and after about a dozen emails later they accepted it. They were asking 150.00. . . Fingers crossed. . .
 

Attachments

  • ef_1.jpg
    ef_1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
mzeitlin3348 said:
Any ideas why it won't sell? not even one bid.

Just based on the information gained here and a couple of other places. If you are familiar with this piece (as a buyer) and know of an existing problem. You might shy away based upon the problem it is having and knowing you might not be able to get it fixed. Not due to lack of expertise in fixing them, more along the lines of availability of parts.
 
This Kenwood is back available again - I might just go for it.

It's not tested (no speakers were hooked up to it), so even though it is 'new', what can happen to electronics when it just sits for 30 years (all sealed up)?
 
Back
Top Bottom