• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Brent Jessee of Audiotubes.com retired, Audiotubes to reopen soon under new ownership

Genuine Telefunken tubes have a diamond, with a number or numbers, inside the diamond, between the tube pins, "molded" into the bottom glass.
Without the diamond, they are counterfeits !
counterfeits, rebrands or real TF too early for the diamond.
 
\\\

If you inspect the internal components, you may be able to identify the actual manufacturer. Real TFK 9-pin ECC8(_) had a small red-brass-colored sleeve at the entry point of each pin. And a Siamese-getter ring.
Looks like red sleeves on these.
IMG_4919.jpeg
 
looking closely, i see the characteristic identical to your telefunken phono on the tubes in question and countless others.
Sir! As always, you are absolutely 100% correct. I should never question you! I'll leave you to answer all queries in this thread.

I am out of here!
 
Last edited:
Just came across this thread and wanted to share my experience with Brent Jessee.

Back in 9/10/14 I bought a Jackson 648 from Brent Jessee Recording & Supply. It was completely restored and calibrated and had most of the upgrades.
He included a call tube and all test cal. documentation. Include was all the original operating instructions and original Special Tube data manuals and cross-reference available at the time. He also include all of the PF Reporter Latest Jackson Tube Test Data clippings.
Also included was the Complete Jackson 648 Tube Tester Manual from Vacuum Tube, Inc.. The manual had a complete history of the 648 series. All the schematics, cal. procedures. It had a printed complete roll chart. He also broke down the RF, Audio & Antique and Two Digit Tube in additional separate listings.
Several years later I inquired from Vacuum Tubes if there was a updated Jackson 648 manual. There was and I got it. I don't know all of the revisions but it included the test data for the KT series of tubes up to the KT88.

I do wish Brent in his retirement. But guys like him will not be able to keep his fingers out of the business.

To the new management, it would be nice to publish and updated Manual that includes the latest KT 120, 150 & 170 tubes.
 
Back
Top Bottom