• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Built a Plinth - Garrard 401

Wow what a fantastic job and thanks so much for the meticulous documentation of your project. It looks stunning and I bet it sounds even better.

I thought I had done a good job of replacing the veneer on my yamaha gt 750, but it pales into insignificance compared to your project. Well done.
 
Love it! :thmbsp:

Veneering is tough, as I am veneering one now, and to get all the grains matched, and not have the wood splinter on the corners when the router comes to the end is quite difficult.
 
Wow Nines!!!

Thank you for sharing your project with us. Your skills are impeccable and your craftsmanship on the plinth is the example of the fruits of your labor. So, what wood did you use for the armboard, and will the Garrard be taking over one of your other tables duty?

Congrats on a job well done! :music:
 
Very nice work and it turned out beautiful. I have also built a table or two and the veneer is difficult to do right, congrats for a job well done. You will enjoy the 401 for many years to come, well worth the time and trouble, which will soon be forgotten. Enjoy the fruits of your passion.
 
I figured why not document what I did and show it for anyone who is interested. It was quite a job (more in reading and planning than the actual physical part of it all). But, well worth the effort. It's really gratifying for me seeing the final result. What's equally gratifying is listening to it. Sounds real sweet.

I think it's great that you documented it and shared.

I don't have an idler waiting for a plinth that is anything near your 401, an extra arm to mount on it, nor the time to do such a thing right now. And I worked in a cabinet shop for years, so the wood working and veneering is something that I'm familiar with.
But damn, that was a great read. Nice job!
 
Great design and excellent workmanship. Documentation is amazing too.

I am inspired by the way you set up your various stereo systems and by your skills.

:thmbsp:

Cheers, Bob
 
Thanks so much for posting, A+++ work. I so enjoy seeing top shelf work in the world of "made in China". Slowly working on my Russco design so I think I need to print a picture of you inspirational work and hang it in my workshop.
 
Love it! :thmbsp:

Veneering is tough, as I am veneering one now, and to get all the grains matched, and not have the wood splinter on the corners when the router comes to the end is quite difficult.

Looking forward to that beautiful walnut burl. Good luck!

Wow Nines!!!

Thank you for sharing your project with us. Your skills are impeccable and your craftsmanship on the plinth is the example of the fruits of your labor. So, what wood did you use for the armboard, and will the Garrard be taking over one of your other tables duty?

Congrats on a job well done! :music:

Presently I am using the morado, and this 401 will replace my AR-XB in the basement system.


I think it's great that you documented it and shared.

.....
But damn, that was a great read. Nice job!

Thanks Kris.

Thanks so much for posting, A+++ work. I so enjoy seeing top shelf work in the world of "made in China". Slowly working on my Russco design so I think I need to print a picture of you inspirational work and hang it in my workshop.

Thanks. That's very nice of you to say that.


Thank you, everyone! :thmbsp:
 
I am curious to know what happened to the XB that made you decide to swap it out for the Garrard.
 
That is absolutely amazing! :drool:

I wish that I had any type of woodworking skills like yours.

I think it'll be difficult to not pay attention the the gear while listening to music with this one. :D
 
Beautiful! I love the Maple burl veneer. I couldn't talk you into making one for my 124 could I ? I wish I had your skills.
 
Back
Top Bottom