• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Built a Plinth - Garrard 401

How did I miss this thread?!

This is excellent work indeed, and thanks for documenting your process so well!
 
Fantastic plinth presentation!

Need to ask a favor here...

A few months back I splurged on a rough ivory grease bearing 301 long-term project and am trying to complete the package. I've been extremely diligent in looking for an original 60 Hz stroboscope disc such as was supplied with the US 301/401/5HF turntables (and a few others). Does anyone have one of these they are willing to part with? If you have one but don't want to part with it, can I make it worth your while to do a high quality scan (600-1200dpi) of both sides of the disc? I may make a few of these if they are that hard to find. I'd even settle for a good scan of the 50 Hz disk.

I've attached a picture of the 50Hz equivalent. I've seen comments that these are made of aluminum and others that they are made of plastic. Perhaps both were available -- as the pictures below are both of original disks. Any information on these is of interest.

Thanks!

Bob

Garrard 301 50Hz Stroboscopic Disk 1.jpg

Garrard 301 50Hz Stroboscopic Disk 2.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom