• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CA-3000 the hunt begins

vigman

SUBSCRIBER
It's not much … but it's a start…
Most US ones are scooped up and all re done OR someone dusted one off grandpaw's in the garage and want's the price of a restored one…

Missed 2 on Rinkya ( seems to be a " better value ") with shipping…
BUT my pre authorized bidding limit was to low ( since fixed )…

PLUS

If the seller has to many negative feedbacks… it puts up all sorts of red flags.
Seems like if you have -2 as a seller your a very bad person… this guy had -17

So I'm ready for a 100v unit ( not keen on the outboard step-down )

It;s not much , but it's a start
 

Attachments

  • 3000-1.jpg
    3000-1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 3000-2.jpg
    3000-2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 71
Register to hide this ad
What will you do for ba 3 or 5?

I think there is one ca 3 on yahoo jp, along with a ba 3 . Or at least was a couple o days ago.
 
Soldering SKILLED......
Started my "Professional life" as a Studio sound dept. wiring guy.. ( but that was during Star Trek.. The Motion Picture ).

Getting an amp outta Japan will be tough due to weight issues..... Which drives cost up...So to make it " worth it " a BA-3K must be around 300 bucks... Then we are back to the 100 Volt thang~
 
Ok wel THAT didn't go as planned... but I did get one of the one on E bay for $875....
It's a US version ( anyone need a power transformer? LOL ) ......
Should be here in about a week or so.....
1 down... 1 to go.... ( AND for now I can use my BA-2000 ) ......
 
Ok wel THAT didn't go as planned... but I did get one of the one on E bay for $875....
It's a US version ( anyone need a power transformer? LOL ) ......
Should be here in about a week or so.....
1 down... 1 to go.... ( AND for now I can use my BA-2000 ) ......


Congratulations.. Nice buy!
I'm on the lookout for a Sansui CA-3000 via Ebay UK (large custom/import and postage charges etc if purchased from America).
 
Can only find Ebay item 111363760747. - sold yesterday

(tried 111 378527897 - nothing)

:tears:
 
And it shipped ! YEAH...
I did sell one of my BA-2K's on the bay, but I think the guys gonna flake.. 5 days... sent an invoice & an e mail.... No reply.... This burns my hot cross buns.....BOOOOOOO !
 
Congrats man. But it's two knobs short. It looks tired cosmetically.
Hope it Works and don't have to do the passthroughs. What do you think of the knobs?
 
Front panel stuff doesn't scare me..I'm more a function before form guy anyway....
But since these are getting tougher to get... thought I'd move before it hits the 2K zone..
I plan on doing the pass through's anyway as part of the "cleanup ".
It's not missing "knobs" it's missing 3 switch caps...

Oh and you cannot withdraw a bid once given on Rinkya... so If I get that one ( which I doubt with such a low bid ) more parts~
 
Last edited:
Hi Vigman - sorry a bit offtopic but is Rinkya a credible/safe way to buy gear from Japan? Looks like theres heaps there and Im in NZ, so Im pretty close. It seems like its almost too good to be true for sourcing gear from Nippon at better prices than Hifido. Theres the 100VAC issue to deal with of course, but easily solved....cheers!
 
So far I have bid ( and lost ) on 7 items.....
The whole thing is a bit " different " from a US point of view..
Rinkya is a middle man, Gets a cut, ( comission ) pays the proper " gratuities " to the Japanese ( that how they roll ) Makes your shipping arrangements ( which can be WAY expensive if your not careful ) ... and the time difference for me is a bit ODD I lost 2 auctions literally by falling asleep at the keyboard.. and there is a weird AUTO EXTENSION for the seller... The auction doesn't ALWAYS end " on time "....and you can NEVER retract a bid... they send ninjas to find you....
 
You can never retract a bid on all yahoo jp auctions. That is the rule set by yahoo.
Commisions are natural way for the miders to (solve expedite or work out arrange ) the auctions or sales for your behalf.
 
Nudies

The HUNT is over~
Now the FUN starts
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom