• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anybody tell me what this item is?

I just recently came across this item and I can’t figure out what it is. On the bottom is printed August 1948. My guess is that it is a remote of some kind, perhaps for a television or radio. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.


Did you try posting this over at VIDEOKARMA.ORG ?

You might get someone over there that recoggnizes it.


--------------------------------
 
On/off..transformer..relay..intensity dial?..looks like a socket for a auto type light bulb so the flag was lighted..seems to me whatever tubes were in it that that was the main thing being controlled. Fastened to the top or overhead of something with the tubes facing whatever.
 
It is very odd that there are (presumably) no markings at all on the case. That suggests it is an internal part of some larger thing, though even if it was a part of something else (like a car or a radio), it seems like it would have some kind of part number on it. The lack of markings on the case is maybe the most unusual thing about it.
 
Seeing as the display has a back light,and there is also a relay,I'm still going with some form of proximity switch.
 
I see a relay, two 7 pin tube sockets, an octal tube socket, and what might be a battery plug.
I dont think it's a tabletop hearing aid, a photoelectric control, or a remote control transmitter. Certainly not a radio receiver or transmitter.
 
It sort of reminds me of an old TV antenna rotator control that my grandmother had way back in the day (late 60's early 70's), and it looked old back then, too.
 
I see a relay, two 7 pin tube sockets, an octal tube socket, and what might be a battery plug.
I dont think it's a tabletop hearing aid, a photoelectric control, or a remote control transmitter. Certainly not a radio receiver or transmitter.

Thats along the lines I was thinking but I dont know squat about tubes. If one could figure out what specialized tubes would fit that then it may make sense.
 
Back
Top Bottom