• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can someone recommend 1 foot long RCA cables that are FLEXIBLE?

Big fan of the Mogami line of cables. Excellent build and quality, especially considering the price. 40 plus sets of Lynn Silver interconnects would get a bit pricey for me ... $12 a pair is more my price range and no complaints.

PS - tried the Monoprice cables here - pretty much useless. If you could get the wires to bend, almost had to hammer the connectors onto the jacks. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
 
Sounds about right , you didn’t state a price point just wanted a recommendation of a flexible cable.

Audiofreak71
Ok, you are correct. I did not specify a price point. I think I am going to need to go the DIY route. It's pretty hard to justify (for me) spending $300 on 1m of cable when the Monorprice 1.5 ft cable costs less than $7.00 and doesn't give any issues, at least for me.
 
It can be very flexible, or not. There are many kinds of coax. The 1505F and W2964 are not at all like you're thinking for the TV coax that is both thicker and uses a solid, copper covered steel core.

Heck, I've used even just two conductors stripped from CAT5 cable, no shielding at all, and had no noise ingress that I could detect.
I guess I didn't know as much as Coax as I thought I did. I assumed it was all stiff and rigid like the coax used for television. Live and learn.
 
Big fan of the Mogami line of cables. Excellent build and quality, especially considering the price. 40 plus sets of Lynn Silver interconnects would get a bit pricey for me ... $12 a pair is more my price range and no complaints.

PS - tried the Monoprice cables here - pretty much useless. If you could get the wires to bend, almost had to hammer the connectors onto the jacks. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

These cables get good reviews and are reasonably priced. They look to be pretty flexible from the pictures I see. Thanks!
 
I guess I didn't know as much as Coax as I thought I did. I assumed it was all stiff and rigid like the coax used for television. Live and learn.

DIY cables could use standard 75ohm stranded antenna cable. Still seems a lot of unnecessary work when there's inexpensive cables available. And the Mogami's I mentioned earlier are a LOT more flexible than most any available DIY options readily available.
 
DIY cables could use standard 75ohm stranded antenna cable. Still seems a lot of unnecessary work when there's inexpensive cables available. And the Mogami's I mentioned earlier are a LOT more flexible than the antenna stuff.
Do you know the L & C values for that cable? I followed the link but couldn't find any.

Belden 1505F is flexible and has pretty decent LC metrics.

C=56pF/M
L=.31uH/M
 
Have L & C values been shown to make a difference in blind testing?
DBTs have value, but are not the ultimate arbiter for me. Unfortunately, you cannot compare cables in a true DBT without adding another cable to the mix! If you're interested, I'll tell a tale of an inherently bogus test that some have advanced. For which measurements provide only laughter.

The most transparent cables in my experience (JPS Labs and Nordost) have very low LC values which renders their effective dielectric constant closer to the ideal of 1. That expresses how the cable performs in the time domain. Clarity. Focus.
 
I would consider using a longer cable, like a meter on instead of the one foot. Even a stiffer meter length cable will have enough length to bend more easily and is unlikely to be long enough to where signal loss over a 1 foot cable is likely to be an issue...
 
I like the Knukonceptz Klairity Kable brand
Affordable and very flexible

I have the KnuKoneptz Karma V3 cables and they are incredibly flexible. I suspect even more flexibly than Klarity, but that's based only on photos of Klarity (in other words, I could be wrong). I did an extensive search for flexible cables a couple of years ago and ended up with the Karma V3's. They are great cables, super flexible, and reasonably priced -- I absolutely love them. http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-the...-twisted-2-channel-coaxial-rca-cable-15-feet/

Karma V3's:
karv3-205m-.jpg


I also have one pair of the Krystal cables (one model up from Karma V3), they are much thicker than the Karma V3's -- still more flexible than most cables, but the Karma V3's are much better flexibility-wise.
 
I would consider using a longer cable, like a meter on instead of the one foot. Even a stiffer meter length cable will have enough length to bend more easily and is unlikely to be long enough to where signal loss over a 1 foot cable is likely to be an issue...

So, here is what's going on:

yYTSb0n.jpg


I only need to run a cable from the DAC to the VU on top of it, and then from the VU meter to the amp below it.

I'm not really worried about the cables causing interference because they're too long or anything. I really just want it all to be nice and neat looking, more than anything else.

And here is the mess that is the back of this thing.

d8szZMG.jpg


Not all these wires go to this setup. I definitely have some wire management to do. to do. But you can see the RCA cables just shoot straight back and I can't bend them left or right. I thought shorter cables would not stick out so far back.
 
Back
Top Bottom