• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Well, your location is Mars. Maybe that's the problem. :)
fc1fe333-33e3-4073-a9ff-22f19939ba10.jpg
 
Cloudflare is f'd up. Took me 1/2 hour to get on.
View attachment 3715039
View attachment 3715040
Yeah, Carl, that same site corruption hit me too, when just simply refreshing the new posts page for updating for new alerts after first checking in on A/K this morning !
I futzed with it for a minute or so, then said screw it, and decided to take a A/K break for a couple of hrs. to watch a YouTube video while the forum HOPEFULLY sorted itself out.
Seems to be currently issue free functional at the moment, but I`m not holding my breath.
 
Yeah, Carl, that same site corruption hit me too, when just simply refreshing the new posts page for updating for new alerts after first checking in on A/K this morning !
I futzed with it for a minute or so, then said screw it, and decided to take a A/K break for a couple of hrs. to watch a YouTube video while the forum HOPEFULLY sorted itself out.
Seems to be currently issue free functional at the moment, but I`m not holding my breath.
Bill, it feels like it's a bit better, now.
Realized how much I enjoy AK.
Hope it works out better!
 
Hi. I can log in fine and it looks like everything else is good but I cannot see Barter Town. Thanks!

Security settings have been tweaked. I have deleted the multiple threads all dealing with issue so I can see only new issues since the settings were updated.

If you have an issue please post about it in this thread, so I can see them all in one place.

As issues arise, I can check your IP address and see what flag was tripped and then change that setting for all IP's.
 
Hi. I can log in fine and it looks like everything else is good but I cannot see Barter Town. Thanks!

Hi kmulkey,

At the present time, you are not showing the red "Subscriber" banner in your avatar. Since BT is a subscriber only feature, it follows that it will not be visible to you.

If you were a subscriber, perhaps your subscription has expired? Subscriptions run for one year from the date of subscription and there is no notice of their expiration once the year has elapsed.
 
Bill, it feels like it's a bit better, now.
Realized how much I enjoy AK.
Hope it works out better!
I`m still encountering occasional annoying buggy site glitches, like the last post response that the clouldfare page popped up & requested that I prove that I`m not a "bot" when attempting to initiate the post reply !
Like it just God Damn did again !!!!
 
About 30 minutes ago I got the message that my subscriber annual payment was due and I made the $25 payment. I’ve attached a screen shot.

Hi kmulkey,

At the present time, you are not showing the red "Subscriber" banner in your avatar. Since BT is a subscriber only feature, it follows that it will not be visible to you.

If you were a subscriber, perhaps your subscription has expired? Subscriptions run for one year from the date of subscription and there is no notice of their expiration once the year has elapsed.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5007.jpeg
    IMG_5007.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4
Yeah this Cloud Flare thing is getting annoying. Maybe things will be reconsidered once the user base starts to decline and subscriptions stop, advertisers don't like dead spaces. The bigger problems are the time outs when doing something like a lengthy reply or stopping in the middle to answer a phone then finding out the page has expired and having to start over again after a reentry or even something as simple as a "like" that hangs up because the page session expired. Not everyone here runs a lightning speed and this Cloud Flare has gone beyond the inconvenience. I've been a member since July of 2006 and have subscribed in the past but will not as long as this Cloud Flare persists. This has become a real disservice to both the subscribers and users alike.
 
Last edited:
I`m back on EDGE browser, and if this every single action I try to perform on A/K is challenged by "kluts Fare`s" I`m human, not a bot, I think taking a long vacation from A/K might just well be the best thing for my blood pressure & sanity !

Goddamn A/K forum has more bugs in it than a case of Raid can deal with.
 
Yeah this Cloud Flare thing is getting annoying. Maybe things will be reconsidered once the user base starts to decline and subscriptions stop, advertisers don't like dead spaces. The bigger problems are the time outs when doing something like a lengthy reply or stopping in the middle to answer a phone then finding out the page has expired and having to start over again after a reentry or even something as simple as a "like" that hangs up because the page session expired. Not everyone here runs a lightning speed and this Cloud Flare has gone beyond the inconvenience. I've been a member since July of 2006 and have subscribed in the past but will not as long as this Cloud Flare persists. This has become a real disservice to both the subscribers and users alike.
Hit me a couple minutes ago on my phone. Like you, have been a member almost 20 years, end of May '06 for me. May have to start looking for alternative forums, if this doesn't get sorted out.
 
Yeah this Cloud Flare thing is getting annoying. Maybe things will be reconsidered once the user base starts to decline and subscriptions stop, advertisers don't like dead spaces. The bigger problems are the time outs when doing something like a lengthy reply or stopping in the middle to answer a phone then finding out the page has expired and having to start over again after a reentry or even something as simple as a "like" that hangs up because the page session expired. Not everyone here runs a lightning speed and this Cloud Flare has gone beyond the inconvenience. I've been a member since July of 2006 and have subscribed in the past but will not as long as this Cloud Flare persists. This has become a real disservice to both the subscribers and users alike.
I'm getting it too, sure it's a site issue rather than the location of the user, but I do wonder if it may be a result of targeted bombarding by bots / nefarious actions, I don't see why it would be the cloudflare side that would trigger protection other than because the site is getting hammered.

A lot of smaller forums are being heavily targeted by AI bots, weather spam or simply AI comments, a lot of sites have simply given up trying to prevent it. I was on another site as a regular for over a decade and they had to close as their security measures just couldn't stop the bots and the whole site got totally overwhelmed by them, they weren't behind cloudflare though.
 
Bots are a scourge on any site that contains a large volume of user generated content (especially written word) as the AI's are constantly scraping to find new information to add to their models. It's a load of crap not only because it slows down the site performance, but it is effectively "stealing" every byte of information the AI models rely on to "teach" themselves.

While anything posted here in the forums is publicly visible, and isn't copyrighted, it's still ethically questionable that these big outfits are appropriating all this information for which they pay nothing, yet cost the affected site operators a great deal of money and aggravation for their (mis)use of the resource. Especially since the AI's are monetizing the resulting product of all their bot scraping. It's a hell of a business model, eh?
 
cant get on using chromium based browsers getting 503 error .. Firefox seems ok right now and can also get on using opera with vpn in asia .
 
My AK experience this past week has been very glitchy. From an iPhone 16 Pro and a 2020 MacBook Pro. Both running Google Chrome.
  • I'm getting the Cloud Fare bot check regularly
  • The site often locks up when I try to post or reply, and I have to hit refresh to wake it up
  • I can't edit a post in a thread I created without this fault message. It looks like the issue with Oops! message is I am trying to post a link to amp8 Hi-Fi restoration website. This site has been linked here many times in the past. It is a rich technical resource.
Screenshot 2026-03-07 at 9.14.32 AM.png

  • In this same thread I posted two links to AK threads but both are rendered differently and one showing a bunch of photos from the first post and the other one is showing none. I am not a fan of the new thread link boxes - way too big, busy and distracting. Here is the post with the different link presentations -

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom