• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Center channel ? Battle of bottom shelf ?Sad times

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just leave the surround on top of fronts Dolby pro logic 1 is so terribly obsolete.. hence the tiny surrounds ..
 
Dupe post deleted per member request.
 
The prologic rear channel was just trying to work some psychoacoustic tricks. Little wisps of sound behind you to make you sense more of an immersive experience.

And that was, what, 25 years ago? 30? We've come so far.

Modern cinematic audio requires Real Damn Speakers in the rear channel. they can be smaller, they don't have to have THX-certified bass, but they should be real, actual, decent speakers that you would listen to music on, perhaps with the help of a subwoofer.

Small bookshelves on stands work fine.
 
BF8226FE-6DEC-4D5E-A56A-EBE2AF92E9BB.jpeg
Nah - I'm running a 2009 Integra DTC 9.8 - I don't bother with HT electronics older than that.
Nice wish I had spent more for integra when I had the money instead of onkyo , this Sony Ian a dinosaur but it’s all I’ve got for my downstairs system.

I’ll get model name soon it’s beyond obsolete .
 
@ultumax I've already told you about Dolby Pro-logic in my previous posts. If you can't have the (limited) monophonic rear channel coming out of a speaker at the rear like it should, then just remove the rear speaker(s) completely. Don't wire additional connections to other channels, you'll create unwanted effects doing that. If you are not using the rear channel as it was intended to be used, don't use it at all. Concentrate on having a good centre and front left / right setup and you will be much happier with it.

Most of us posting here are trying to help you but you do make it hard because of your constant asking of the same questions and not listening to or acting upon many of the good suggestions and advice you have been given.
 
@ultumax I've already told you about Dolby Pro-logic in my previous posts. If you can't have the (limited) monophonic rear channel coming out of a speaker at the rear like it should, then just remove the rear speaker(s) completely. Don't wire additional connections to other channels, you'll create unwanted effects doing that. If you are not using the rear channel as it was intended to be used, don't use it at all. Concentrate on having a good centre and front left / right setup and you will be much happier with it.

Most of us posting here are trying to help you but you do make it hard because of your constant asking of the same questions and not listening to or acting upon many of the good suggestions and advice you have been given.
so i wont lose any sound not using them??
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...ZHvHvkg7ho&ust=1569011623923039&ictx=3&uact=3
 
20205721-D104-4786-B6ED-39CF44129133.jpeg so how dos prologic work-noimages.jpg surrounds?
It has adjustable decibels for them ??
But hardly any sound from them .
See I use a different center speaker then orginal ...I use an identical bookshelf as fronts .
 
Last edited:
so how dos prologic work-noView attachment 1622067 surrounds?

The whole point of having surround sound is that it comes from all around you. if you are not going to have a rear speaker (because you say you cannot wall mount one), then having the rear sound coming from the front is not how pro-logic works so you are defeating the purpose of it. If you don't use it properly, don't use it at all - the only sound you will 'lose' is a very limited mono channel that's really not worth worrying about.
 
When you get a job;
url
1446_0_1500_d6bbff0661.jpeg
 
Most of us posting here are trying to help you but you do make it hard because of your constant asking of the same questions and not listening to or acting upon many of the good suggestions and advice you have been given.

@Markoneswift

Don't waste your time, he probably doesn't even remember what questions he's asking as he's posting between multiple threads, asking all different types of questions, sometimes twice in a row albeit a few minutes apart, while constantly going off topic.

For example

What can I use as a doorstop ? So door does not hit my receiver ?
 
@Markoneswift

Don't waste your time, he probably doesn't even remember what questions he's asking as he's posting between multiple threads, asking all different types of questions, sometimes twice in a row albeit a few minutes apart, while constantly going off topic.

For example
@Markoneswift

Don't waste your time, he probably doesn't even remember what questions he's asking as he's posting between multiple threads, asking all different types of questions, sometimes twice in a row albeit a few minutes apart, while constantly going off topic.

For example
Obviously I don’t understand Dolby prologic or why the surrounds don’t do much at all .
I don’t see The troubles of wall mounting them to outweigh the benefits. Since no Dolby digital
 
@Markoneswift

Don't waste your time, he probably doesn't even remember what questions he's asking as he's posting between multiple threads, asking all different types of questions, sometimes twice in a row albeit a few minutes apart, while constantly going off topic.

For example

It's all good, I'm just helping the guy out. I actually enjoy these threads as a bit of light relief - whether @ultumax actually takes on board any of the advice given doesn't really bother me. It's all audio, no attitude, right ? :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom