• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Charles Eames designed Stephens Trusonic

JBL had a Lancer model - the 88 - that I think is even cooler. It was a standard rectangular bookshelf enclosure, butwith a wood and black cloth grill with a cloth circle over the woofer and a black rectangle over the upper part where the cone tweeter was. It had a forty-five degree bevel so it covered almost the entire front - there was only a thin lip surrounding the grill, so it looked integral to the enclosure.
Not the greatest sounding speaker - perfectly fine, but there is a reason that midranges exist, and more sophisticated tweeters and crossovers do too - but I think it is the most handsome speaker ever made.
Oh yea I’ve seen that one, also very much a mid century modern style. I like that one too. There is also the Braun design but I think that was a copy of the Eames. There’s one on the bay currently.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4940.jpeg
    IMG_4940.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom