• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

Perfect is in the Ear of the Listener...But, if you might want to have it Sound Different, it looks like you can run 6V6's in it...Oh, there's some Rolling for You...
 
Last edited:
LOL funny you should mention the 6V6 tubes. I swapped those in before I even tried the ones supplied with the kit. I'll get some hours on it and see how it sounds after being burnt in.
 
Cool...How about a Bit of A-B ing them with the 6P6's? I might just go for a Pair of 6V6G's just for the Bottles...
 
Isn't is simply amazing how one pair of wires missing from being grounded on the output jacks, can cause all that frustration? I'll have to remember all that when I start my projects. Wow!
 
Yeah I know, it really got under my skin. I looked past it so many times?? New to point to point wiring I guess. I have always used circuit boards in the past.
 
Mmm....It looks like 6AU6's will work in this Too...I wonder how much more Interest in It there would be if it was Listed as a 6V6, 6AU6, 6X5-GT PreAmp?
 
Mmm....It looks like 6AU6's will work in this Too...I wonder how much more Interest in It there would be if it was Listed as a 6V6, 6AU6, 6X5-GT PreAmp?

What do you think? :D

I don't know why the Chinese(and Ruskies too) don't just get with the rest of the world and go by the original designation. People wouldn't be all that confused,.....AND they would probably buy a whole lot more of those Chinese tubes too. It just makes good business sense to me.
 
I'm so excited to get the RCA tubes so I can get this preamp back in line. The ones that came with the kit are a little noisy. I will let you guys know how it sounds once I get the new to me tubes :)
 
Last edited:
Planning a low cost verion phono amp kit. First think is using RE2205 as enclosure, 2 stage 6SN7 (6N8P) for amplification, RIAA equalized, DC filament power supply, about 150 gain. What's your thought?
 
Back
Top Bottom