• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

Radio shack has a nice push button switch that will fit the hole nicely. I had to file the body of the switch a very little bit. But it looks great much better than the toggle

Nice, RS is walking distance from me, Do you have a part # or linkee you can share, please? TIA


Cheers,
Bob
 
What I got - pics. These are the parts as I unpacked them. Notice some bent pieces. Package was not opened by customs or damaged on the outside but I do better when I pack gear for sure.

Cheers,
Bob

The insulation on those transformer leads has been through quite an
ordeal! Good luck with the project!
 
Raise the roof, after a paltry 4 month wait, I've got my 6P3P amp kit from Ray today. I will be posting pics as I go along with the build. I've already put the case together with trannys and tube sockets. All pretty strait forward. I got a parts list, woohoo... but no schematic. No problem I think there's one online here somewhere. The stainless steel case was bent a little here and there from shipping but nothing too bad. The only 2 things that I don't like are the toggle switch which is pretty cheap/flimsy for a 220V rated toggle and the 2 cement resistors. Both I can replace with better quality parts. The transformer hand written labels for the wires is smudged so it's going to be fun trying to figure out which wire goes where. 2hrs work and I'm ready to do the wiring. Pics to follow ...

Cheers.
Bob

mmmmmmm... such a bargain... Think I will go for a used Dynaco SCA35 instead.
 
FYI guys, my volume pot failed? it started making noise and was not tracking equal on both channels at low volume. Off to radio shack they had a 100k ohm for under $5 MUCH BETTER than the one with the kit!!!!
 
I'm getting ready to wire my 6P3P kit and was wondering where to put the earth ground from the IEC plug. The wire diagram has it going to the negative terminal on the large filter cap. My intuition tells me to put it to chassis. All the grounds go to that negative terminal on the 330V. Cant I just put the IEC ground (third prong) to chassis?

Cheers,

Bob
 
Use the closest Mounting Bolt for the PT....

Doh.. I was looking at the diagram for a 220V version...and got confused about circuit ground and earth ground. (2 positives and circuit ground for 220V). I'm thinking about putting in a ground lug (not electrically connected to the chassis) near the negative terminal of the supply cap.

Thanks and Cheers,
Bob
 
I have played this preamp for nearly the last week. I think it sounds better than the Mac C28 that it is sitting above. I like the simple look of it as well. I'm really looking forward to a Phono preamp kit. I hope sometime soon :) I cant thank you guys enough for the help on this kit. It is dead quiet with NO noise. Unreal how great it sounds with the US tubes installed
 
Last edited:
Hey Tanner..Same Here..Jan Sylvania 6V6GTY's and BlackPlate RCA 6AU6A's....Sweet...I'll go for a Phono Pre just to be a Tester...
Oh, Yes...And Quiet...
 
Last edited:
QUOTE=RamblinE;5559247]It really looks like a nice kit so far. Our locations are rather similar. Any chance you'd let some locals come on by and hear it when it's all finished? :smoke:[/QUOTE]

Yeah ubetcha... what music are you into? I'm in northwest Philly - Mt Airy section right next to Chestnut Hill. Listening room is down for about a month while we do a new ceiling and stacked stone wall feature, so after that's done I'll have this amp running my horn loaded EV speaks.

Cheers,
Bob
 
Damm...$50+ for a Pair of 'Cheep' 6V6G's...Just for the Look...Oh, but I, would So Like them..
 
Last edited:
sled108, How is your volume pot? The reason I ask is because mine died. The one I bought from radio shack works a ton better and smoother as well
 
So far...Fine...It has a Bit of a Stepped Feel to it...
Right now, I have it playing into the ST-70, into 4 Speakers, and it Sounds Great!...
 
Last edited:
Yes, and it's working fine...Maybe Tomorrow, the Remote Alps will Finally get here, for the Icing on this Cake...
 
Hey guys, why don't you ask me for something like Alps pot before ebay it? I can also supply the mod parts..

BTW the phono preamp is going on well, PCB almost done. Will test next week. New bamboo chassis amp will also be release soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom