• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Chicago Area AK Get Together Redux

Greetings folks:

I spoke with Robie by phone this past Sunday and volunteered to sort of act as his Secretary for the event, i.e., compiling who intends to come and what they're thinking of bringing equipment-wise.

We're currently 25 days out from the event. Even if you've made mention in the thread, please take a few moments send me an email to confirm your Who and What to:

sleddogman51 [at] gmail [dot] com with the subject title Chicago AK fest when you have a chance.

I'll post weekend updates here in this thread to help keep everyone better informed of the head count and equipment list. This way we can also send out an email to everyone the week of March 3rd if there's any adjustments or unexpected changes, as everyone may not check in here on a regular basis.

Thanx! :pawprint:
 
I have a suggestion that solves both my problem of transportation as well as a large place for our gathering. Is anyone interested in coming into the city? The reason I am able to attend is that our main theatre at the Athenaeum is dark that weekend. (Dark means no shows.) So, I am offering to have it here. We could use the stage as a main gathering, exhibition and listening area. The stage is 90' wide by 43' deep so everyone could set up their gear on tables and we could move from one to the other. I addition there is lobby space which could be used for food or just quiet space for conversation etc. Below the stage there are 6 dressing rooms for additional listening space.

The only negative is that the only free parking is on the street, however there are two pay lots which cost only $6 for the whole day.

I would also be able to bring an entire tube system Dynaco PAS 2, ST 70, Crown tape deck, AR 2 speakers...... I might even bring my super rare working Weathers mono FM phono system. :banana:

Any interest?

Clyde
 
Clyde,

Thanks for the offer. We're going to stay at my house for this one.
While we are now at about 20-21 potential attendees, based on last year's experience some will drop out.

Note: I spoke to Clyde and offered to help him host a bigger event at the theater in the future.
 
I'm trying to figure out how I missed this thread. It's even going to be in my old neighborhood. Although I don't care where we do it. I got no problem driving and can offer a lift (I'm in Oak Park). I have a large midsize car. Hyundai Sonata

Count me in.

Hmmmm.... Geeez. Everything is in pieces. I'm not sure I can bring anything. Although I would like a second opinion. I have a fairly expensive sc-35 clone and a really cheap $149 tube amp special. I like the $149 better but I'm not sure why....
 
The theater location would be easier for me, but I can do either.

I just remembered that I could bring a very nice tube tuner along, also, to go with the theme. Fisher FM-200b. Or a Dynaco FM-3 if anybody is interested in hearing one (Fisher blows it away, but it's no slouch).

-john
 
There are maps and directions as well as parking info for the Athenaeum here. It is possible to back right up to the stage door for loading and unloading. So, if you guys want to have it at the Athenaeum, you are most welcome.

Clyde
 
I would be interested in attending. I could bring an Eastern Electric Mini Max tube power amp and a friend that is a hard core audio enthusiast. I could also bring a Juicy Music Peach ll tube preamp.
 
UPDATE

I Spoke to Clyde Foster. We will continue to be at my house in Glenview/Northbrook. Clyde has offered to host an event in the near future with our assistance. Please make sure to post or PM Sleddogman with your interest and we will send you my address, directions and instructions.

It looks like we have more than enough equipment to listen to for several days so lets try to stay true to the tubes theme. Future events will be explored with those attending and represents opportunities to hear all of the stuff we want others to hear.

Stay tuned.
 
hey-Hey!!!,
Looks like a good time, but it is a bit far. If anybody is going from Detriot area, I'd send them along with a tube-gear care package...:) Citation II? DIY linestage?
cheers,
Douglas
 
Dave (Powerman) hasn't posted in two months. Has anybody heard from him?



i talk to dave on a regular basis . and he said he would prolly attend rob's party and has just been busy with work and stuff around the house , and has not been on the computer much these days ,

ken
 
Please PM or Email Sleddogman or me and provide your e-mail address so we can email address, contact info and directions.

A recap of final details is attached.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom