• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Christian Music Playlist

I was listening to my Toad The Wet Sprocket playlist again, and was struck by how many references there are to religious themes. "Fly From Heaven" is obvious - told from the point of view of Jesus' younger brother James.

They took my brother
They ripped him from me
To twist his words as they did his body
Denied his family
Denied his beauty
To lay him down at the feet of those
he couldn't save...

 

What are they doing in heaven today?
I don't know boy
But it's my biz to say it and sing about it

Chorus: What are they doing in heaven today,
Where sin and sorrow are all done away?
Peace abounds like a river, they say.
What are they doing there now?

I'm thinking of friends whom I used to know,
Who lived and suffered in this world below
But they've gone off to heaven, but I want to know
What are they doing there now?

Oh, what are they doing in heaven today,
Where sin and sorrow are all done away?
Peace abounds like a river, they say.
But what are they doing there now?

There's some whose hearts were burdened with care
They paid for their moment of fighting and tears
But they clung to the cross with trembling and fear
But what are they doing there now?

(chorus)

And there's some whose bodies were full of disease
Physicians and doctors couldn't give them much ease
But they suffered 'til death brought a final release
But what are they doing there now?

(chorus)

There's some who were poor and often despised
They looked up to heaven with tear-blinded eyes
While people were heedless and deaf to their cries
But what are they doing there now?
 
I didn't read the whole thread, so Alvaro Lopez and the ResQ band may have already been mentioned. If not... I'm more than mentioning him and his band. An incredible band in every respect... AND beautiful messages for the world, to boot...

It helps if you speak Spanish, but the groove and the message are unmistakable no matter what.

 
Back
Top Bottom