• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CNN says LoFi is the future

Right On!!! I tell my wife I'm buyin' the Mc gear for our kids :)

5yr old son has been taught to cue the tonearm!!
 
Best enjoyment of my new McIntosh system thus far: Watching my boys (4 and 6yrs) each standing on different couches, striking broad surfer stances, playing air guitar to The Ventures and Dick Dale. Then out comes the Les Paul & Mary Ford.

Musicologists in the making...
:guitar:
 
IMO most people (even music lovers) just never had the chance to listen to a great setup once in their life, so they don't even know what they are missing ;)
 
IMO most people (even music lovers) just never had the chance to listen to a great setup once in their life, so they don't even know what they are missing
Very true.
 
High Fidelity is dead?

If High Fidelity is dead, what were all those folks at AK'07 all cranked up about? :yes:

See what happens when a society losses site of quality and value. :nono:

More people need to grow up in an environment (a home) with music. This world would be a more relaxed and happier place. :music:

And Andyman, that was 3 billion dollars spent in ring tones last year alone. :scratch2:

Happy Listening!
 
Satchmo said:
Best enjoyment of my new McIntosh system thus far: Watching my boys (4 and 6yrs) each standing on different couches, striking broad surfer stances, playing air guitar to The Ventures and Dick Dale. Then out comes the Les Paul & Mary Ford.

Musicologists in the making...
:guitar:

Satchmo, as a dad, you rock! :thmbsp:
Your boys have it made!
 
When I bought my girlfreind speakers at a circuit city I was pleasantly surprised that the salesman in his early 20's knew exactly what i was talking about when i told him a vintage Marantz 2250B would be driving the speakers, not high end but good old school sound and power. We then began talking Mcintosh and tube gear. He was probably an exception but I was surprised at his knowledge of the subject. I don't think audio is the hobby it was when I was a teenager though none of us could afford the good stuff we still followed the industry and products available.
 
Satchmo said:
Best enjoyment of my new McIntosh system thus far: Watching my boys (4 and 6yrs) each standing on different couches, striking broad surfer stances, playing air guitar to The Ventures and Dick Dale. Then out comes the Les Paul & Mary Ford.

Musicologists in the making...
:guitar:
If they have Xbox or one of the other game consoles they'll probably love Guitar Hero. My 11 yo thinks he's Jimmy Page. At least I haven't a bottle of Jack Daniels hidden away in his dresser yet!
 
Back
Top Bottom