• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Considering a coffee pot upgrade ...

Oxy-Clean does a killer job on any SS thermos.

One model has one and one doesn't. I wouldn't even think of getting the one with the warmer. The other one has the thermos flask.

SS is still a flavor retainer, and a poor choice (except for durability, and then it's a good choice).

The Bonavita website says (IIRC) that the thermal carafe model has two heating elements; one to heat the water, and a second one to keep the carafe warm for a couple of hours.

EDIT: I was mistaken. vendors websites sat two elements for the thermal carafe model, not Bonavita's. Excellent!
 
Last edited:
SS is still a flavor retainer, and a poor choice (except for durability, and then it's a good choice).

Rancid coffee oils left inside the flask are more of a bad influence on coffee flavor than any flavor SS might add. Cleanliness is next to godliness in this case.
 
Stainless steel coffee utensils do not retain flavors.

If you allow them to get to the point where the interior is discolored, that most definitely will cause off-flavors, but once you clean it properly, you're fine.
 
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I'm a pretty meticulous cleaner (but not anal), and SS, with it's etched surface as employed in 99.9% of all carafes, retains microscopic coffee particles far too easily, and in fairly high quantities, for my 'taste'.
 
If it actually stays within those temp parameters why wasn't it able to get SCAA certification?

Why would I even try to check into that? I love it and so do many others. That would be like Consumer reports, telling me what car to buy.
 
Last edited:
I use this daily:

http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Chambor...id=1344808062&sr=1-46&keywords=espresso+maker

It is not an espressor maker, that's not the right name for it, but it does use steam under a certain (weak) pressure. The finer you grind the coffee, the better the brew. It's always given me better coffee (with body and thickness, with oils you can actually see in the cup) than the french press.

I also found that certain coffees are not as good in this coffee maker versus a percolator versus a french press.
 
I thought you "wanted" to build up a crust, on your SS carafe. :scratch2: ;) Just kidding, obviously, but I don't see how it's gonna retain flavors, to a negative point, if you clean it out daily. Especially if you use a green meanie, aka scrubber sponge.
 
Back
Top Bottom