• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cover Better Than...

Zonian

Endangered Species
Excuse me if this has been done before. I did a search, but it could just be me...

What songs do you feel that the cover was better than the original version?

I'll gladly start:

Original: Kris Kristofferson

Song: Me And Bobby McGee

Better Cover: Janis Joplin

Here's one more...

Original: Barry McGuire

Song: Eve Of Destruction

Better Cover: Paul Revere and The Raiders


What say ye?
 
Register to hide this ad
That's what I'm talking about!

Once again...

Original: Steve Earle

Song: The Devil's Right Hand

Better Cover: Webb Wilder
 
Ya know... I think a whole lot depends on which version you heard first and/or which one you grew up with. A lot of songs i didn't know were covers. So every cover by the Stones, Beatles, Led Zep beats the original by miles... IMO!!!
ymmv
billw
 
"The Coffee Song," originally by Frank Sinatra, covered better by Soul Coughing.
"You Can Go Own Way," originally by Fleetwood Mac, covered better by Lissie.
 
Ya know... I think a whole lot depends on which version you heard first and/or which one you grew up with. A lot of songs i didn't know were covers. So every cover by the Stones, Beatles, Led Zep beats the original by miles... IMO!!!
ymmv
billw

I must humbly disagree.

In all of the examples I have noted, I heard the original first and the better cover after.
 
I can't decide totally if it was better, but Eddie Vedder's version of "Masters of War" at the Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert was impressive.
 
Back
Top Bottom