• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cover Better Than...

There is a Korean singer named So Hyang that has incredible vocal talent. When she covers a song, many times I find it better than the original. Below are a couple of examples. When singing, her English is impeccable.


 
I see a lot of covers being claimed as better than the Stones versions, maybe yes, maybe no, IMO. I'm a huge Stones fan.

Anyway, how about a Stones cover that's better than the original?

I think this one is.

 
It is "different"!

Kinda a bluesy take on Cash's orig country share.

More country-types are meshing the two genres together in these times. For me, some times it works...some times not so much. Just my personal bias. Old school!

And Waylon's one of my fav's. :thumbsup:

Q
I like Country and Western where the singers don't add in the fake TWANG that they all seem to have today (I hate that schizz). Because of this I generally only listen to Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, and Merle Haggard... I watched exactly one episode of American Idol and saw Blake Sheldon sing an Adam Levine (Maroon Five) song with ZERO twang in his voice and he was damn good...why he has to twang the hell out of his music is just dumb (IMO)
 
Last edited:
metallica covered a bunch of stuff over the years and personally, i like every one better than the original with the exceptions of the bob seger and lynyrd skynyrd tunes:

it was easiest to just copy/paste from wiki:



Disc one​

These tracks (except "Tuesday's Gone"; see below) were recorded in September–October 1998 for the Garage Inc. album.

No.TitleWriter(s)Original artist (date)Length
1."Free Speech for the Dumb"Garry Maloney, Kevin "Cal" Morris, Tony "Bones" Roberts, Roy "Rainy" WainwrightDischarge (1982)2:36
2."It's Electric"Sean Harris, Brian TatlerDiamond Head (1980)3:34
3."Sabbra Cadabra"Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill WardBlack Sabbath (1973)6:20
4."Turn the Page"Bob SegerBob Seger (1973)6:06
5."Die, Die My Darling"Glenn DanzigMisfits (1984)2:29
6."Loverman"Nick CaveNick Cave and the Bad Seeds (1994)7:53
7."Mercyful Fate" (Medley)King Diamond, Hank ShermannMercyful Fate (1982, 1983)11:11
8."Astronomy"Joe Bouchard, Albert Bouchard, Sandy PearlmanBlue Öyster Cult (1974)6:37
9."Whiskey in the Jar"Traditional arr. Eric Bell, Brian Downey, Phil LynottTraditional (inspired by Thin Lizzy's version in 1972)5:05
10."Tuesday's Gone"Allen Collins, Ronnie Van ZantLynyrd Skynyrd (1973)9:06
11."The More I See"Maloney, Morris, Peter "Pooch" Purtill, WainwrightDischarge (1984)4:49
Total length:65:42

Disc two​

[edit]
These tracks are a collection of B-sides from artists Metallica were inspired by, throughout the early years of the band.

The $5.98 E.P. - Garage Days Re-Revisited(1987)
No.TitleWriter(s)Original artistLength
1."Helpless"Harris, TatlerDiamond Head (1980)6:38
2."The Small Hours"John Mortimer, John McCullim, Bryan Bartley, Ron LevineHolocaust (1983)6:43
3."The Wait"Jaz Coleman, Kevin "Geordie" Walker, Martin "Youth" Glover, Paul FergusonKilling Joke (1980)4:55
4."Crash Course in Brain Surgery"Burke Shelley, Tony Bourge, Ray PhillipsBudgie (1974)3:10
5."Last Caress/Green Hell"Glenn DanzigMisfits (1980/1983)3:30
"Creeping Death" B-sides (1984)
No.TitleWriter(s)Original artistLength
6."Am I Evil?"Harris, TatlerDiamond Head (1980)7:50
7."Blitzkrieg"Ian Jones, Jim Sirotto, Brian RossBlitzkrieg (1981)3:37
B-sides and one-offs (1988–1993)
No.TitleWriter(s)Original artistLength
8."Breadfan"Bourge, Phillips, ShelleyBudgie (1973)5:41
9."The Prince"Harris, TatlerDiamond Head (1980)4:26
10."Stone Cold Crazy"Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, John DeaconQueen (1974)2:19
11."So What"Nick "Animal" Kulmer, Chris "Magoo" Exall, Clive "Winston" BlakeAnti-Nowhere League (1981)3:09
12."Killing Time"Vivian Campbell, Trevor Fleming, Raymond Haller, Davy BatesSweet Savage (1981)3:04
Motörheadache ("Hero of the Day" limited edition CD single B-sides) (1996)
No.TitleWriter(s)Original artistLength
13."Overkill"Eddie Clarke, Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister, Phil "Philthy Animal" TaylorMotörhead (1979)4:05
14."Damage Case"Clarke, Kilmister, Taylor, Mick FarrenMotörhead (1979)3:40
15."Stone Dead Forever"Clarke, Kilmister, TaylorMotörhead (1979)4:52
16."Too Late Too Late"Clarke, Kilmister, TaylorMotörhead (1979)3:12
 
I used to like their remake... until I saw that video... all I can say is WTF?????


Yeah, I didn't really watch it, was just playing while I was doing something else.

I edited it with a different video.

(Is it a video if it's just an image though?) :dunno:
 
Back
Top Bottom