• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

Well, I was kind of hoping you'd already make arrangements with the guy, so I'd just have to show, verify everything is working, and then haul it down.

- JP
 
hadnt settled on any particular piece, he's got too much gear to go through. i would trust you to pick out something that goes well with the Advents. if he doesnt have anything that works then pass, otherwise if he will take PayPal, i can send him the funds before you leave his place.
 
Unfortunately, I've a lot of errands to run tomorrow. So, a few minutes to quickly test something and run would work, but sitting down and trying to choose an apt unit from that tremendous stack ... whew. Heck, I'm not even done with finals yet, so I'm already intellectually drained, that type of a decision is currently above my faculties at the moment.

I'll see how late it is when I get to Seattle and if I can con my friends into cutting down on their Costco trip (show up in a truck and I automatically get pressed into service for hauling stuff). I still doubt I'll have any time before late, late night for an extended stop over.
- JP
 
Just curious, when you talked to him, did he say what the working condition was of his pile 'o gear?
 
he said he hasnt visited most of it for a while. anything you want to check out he'll run up with a variac. he's not a tech, but has a bunch of test equipment too.
 
I might give him a call, and see what his turntable collection holds. I'd like to upgrade from the Pioneer PL-400 I've had since I bought it new back in '78-'79. I showed the pictures he posted to my wife and daughters, who like to give me good natured kidding about my new hobby. They now agree that my burgeoning interest in vintage audio is in no way near some guys levels of obession, er interest...
 
Guys,

I must confess... I just got back from spending a few hours over at this guy's house. And, while there is still a whole lot of gear left, there are only a few pieces that I would have any interest in.

His phone was littlerally ringing off the hook the entire time. It sounded like the entire world was going to l.itterally descend upon his place. But I was one of the early ones, and, well; I kind-of cleaned up in a big way...

He really just wanted to clean out his closets, and his storage lockers. So his motto was "the more you buy, the less you pay". So, neddeless to say, I plundered a small portion of the collection, but it consisted of the majority of the interesting tube gear.

A partial list of my crimes follows:
2 HK tube integrated amps.
2 Bogen tube integrated amps.
2 Luxman SS integvrated amps.
1 Very unusual quite high-end 3-head vintage marantz Casette deck.
1 Marantz Model 23 Receiver (with the super rare wooden cabinet)
Several pices of test equipment
Thousands of sorted, mil-spec resistors,
A hole box full of misc chokes
A couple of output transformers
And more....

I hesitate to say what I paid, but I can assure you that it was a screaming deal!!!

There are stil dozens of recievers, and probably more than 500 transformers, and various pieces of of test equipment. He had a whole stack of turntables, for those of you who are interested in mass market units.

The best piece that he had was not for sale (or if it was, it would absolutely NOT have been a bargain). That was one very nice sounding Eico 87.

There were still a few mis-matched pieces of tube equipment, and several tube testers, but there were only a couple of pieces of stereo tube gear still remaining (he did still have a number of mono units).

He's a great guy, but for anyone who wants a shot at the reamining loot, I strongly suggest running to West Seattle on Saturday. I doubt that very much will still be around after the weekend...
 
Last edited:
cool, saves me a trip on Monday then. too bad for me, i'm in the market for an integrated or receiver and one of those Luxmans would have fit the bill nicely.
 
dingus said:
cool, saves me a trip on Monday then. too bad for me, i'm in the market for an integrated or receiver and one of those Luxmans would have fit the bill nicely.
Dingus: After I have chance to go over these, and see how welll they work (if they even work), I'm sure that we could come to some sort of arrangement. :thmbsp: I have no need for much of this equipment, and I will be happy to share some of my spoils with those who could not make it there in time. :D
 
Last edited:
deal!

i wouldnt hold you to it though. if you find that you want to part with one of the Luxman units, give me a holler.
 
Last edited:
Infinity RS-4000s - Free!

jlCtIHUbVgtoSSViAXOOEgkfLV4C.jpg


Yes, those are EMIT tweeters. What are you waiting for? Someone go grab them before I get off my lazy ass and do it. (I've enough of the smaller Infinities for the moment and want someone else to get into this brand.)

- JP

Edit: More info on this model.

RS 4000

Introduced: 1988
Dimensions: 57 x 32 x 25 cm
Bass: 1 x 20 cm
Mids: 1 x Polycone
Highs: 1 x EMIT
Suggested for amplifiers with: 25-125 Watts per channel
Frequency range: 45 Hz - 45 kHz
Crossover frequencies: 800 Hz, 3500 Hz
Suggested price (pair): $ 470
 
I tried, shortly after he posted them, but they'd already been grabbed. He said that they went quickly.

If anyone is interested in a pair of large Advents in the utility cabs, I just passed on a pair at the downtown Seattle GW. They weren't the originals, but the later version with the metal basket woofers. The vinyl was pretty scratched up, but the drivers were still intact and in good shape. $12.99 each.
 
Well, hopefully they went to someone who'll enjoy them rather than just turn around and sell them.

- JP
 
Back
Top Bottom