• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Creation of a music lounge

Hi Komoyuki,

Fantastic looking room. Before trying to sort out the acoustics, I suggest you set up your speakers in nearfield monitoring position as per the picture below to take the room basically out of the equation.

This will let you hear what you should be aiming for and if possible aim for the mid field monitoring position I describe in the rest of the thread here:

http://grantfidelity.com/wordpress/audio-tips-and-tweaks/setup-your-existing-system-first/

This should dramatically reduce the amount of acoustic treatment you will need in your room.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian I know this blog probably by heart and effectively I had this link in my favorites. On the other hand, to keep the speakers 4 feet from the front of the wall is a little bit unrealistic, I am going to try to move them forward as much as possible but to keep them in a practicable proportion. I am moreover going to have the opportunity this weekend to make really of the positioning and verify what would be the best location.

Wow, it looks really nice ... !!

Can I ask for some more room pictures - maybe with some more lighting?
Its a bit dark and I could really appreciate all the gear and textures
if you had some lamps behind you to throw more light around the room.
My TV room is darkened when we are using it,
but I do have extra lights turned on when I take pictures.

Be without fear I am going to post several other photos a little later. Let us say after my yesterday, I began to have my day in the body. Sorry not to work rather fast! :D:boring:

The room looks great! I'm interested in knowing why you switched from the RITA to the W-30.

-Steven

I never have possessed RITA amp. Maybe that you confuse with Jungson JA88D which I had. Grant Fidelity takes their case to make their RITA, but he takes that of the JA99D.

Phil.
 
Nice looking room. I'd like to do that on our fireplace wall. Did you have to put the face stone over plywood because d/w is not rigged enough? What kind of adhesive are you using?
 
Thanks for the comments guys it appreciated. From day to day I begin to appreciate more and more my new location. I have the opportunity to have my own dedicated system this is simply fantastic. It is a little what allowed me to buy a tubes amp... I had some apprehensions versus the acoustics of my new room but I only needed a little of patience and just positioning. Furthermore, my new amplifier (Grant Fidelity W-30) recently bought for approximately two months continuous to burn in (I have approx. 400 hours) it is the new piece of my system which comes to replace my Jungson JA88D (09). I have to admit that musically speaking, it is big step foward. Mine comes with upgrades tubes from Psvane but also capacitors from Psvane too (4x 0.47uF / 600V and 2x 0.22uF / 600V) Difficult to say if that really worth it because I cannot make a/b test, but I bet yes.
I am also happy with a new audio piece of furniture. Custom made, completely made in wild cherry. That comes to give the final touch to my entire concept. Sincerely I really have pleasure to sit down in the evening and to take advantage of my system and to discover new artists. A beautiful place and I am really satisfied and proud!

Pics to come :thmbsp:
 
Stone wall with "no" fireplace? Definitely thinking outside the box there, no pun intended. Looks good, more modern somewhat unique.

Having said that. I would not have been able to resist putting a hearth in there.

Enjoy!

cnh2
 
Stone wall with "no" fireplace? Definitely thinking outside the box there, no pun intended. Looks good, more modern somewhat unique.

Having said that. I would not have been able to resist putting a hearth in there.

Enjoy!

cnh2

Reminds me of the exposed brick architecture that is popular in urban areas like row houses, loft spaces and the like. A look I have always liked.

http://www.frontdoor.com/buy/loft-architecture/55745
http://www.distroarchitecture.com/s...ngroom/fantastic-wide-brick-expose-livingroom
 
Stone wall with "no" fireplace? Definitely thinking outside the box there, no pun intended. Looks good, more modern somewhat unique.

Having said that. I would not have been able to resist putting a hearth in there.

Enjoy!

cnh2

We had discussed it and finally it was physically impossible given the thickness of the audio piece of furniture. But well I like the style :)
 
In your original post and finished pic, etc. you mentioned that you were not experiencing the lows you wanted and that the system seemed weak in that one area. Other areas such as main speaker placement have been addressed but not this one as yet. I notice you have two potted plants in the right front corner of the room. How about moving the bass module (sub) into that corner and seeing if that doesn't offer some improvement? You will have to make some adjustments (literally inch by inch from either wall) until you achieve what you are wanting. I had my first sub placed between my main speakers for a while and then moved into a corner and the bass changed dramatically. Then I added a second sub in the opposing corner and all is well in my world currently. It may work for you, it may not but to me it would be worth a try. You have a beautiful setup and some thought was put into it for sure. Up to you whether you try moving that sub or not but I think you might just be surprised with the difference you hear/feel...................:thmbsp::music:
 
lounge007.jpg
Wonderful space...job too :thmbsp:
 
In your original post and finished pic, etc. you mentioned that you were not experiencing the lows you wanted and that the system seemed weak in that one area. Other areas such as main speaker placement have been addressed but not this one as yet. I notice you have two potted plants in the right front corner of the room. How about moving the bass module (sub) into that corner and seeing if that doesn't offer some improvement? You will have to make some adjustments (literally inch by inch from either wall) until you achieve what you are wanting. I had my first sub placed between my main speakers for a while and then moved into a corner and the bass changed dramatically. Then I added a second sub in the opposing corner and all is well in my world currently. It may work for you, it may not but to me it would be worth a try. You have a beautiful setup and some thought was put into it for sure. Up to you whether you try moving that sub or not but I think you might just be surprised with the difference you hear/feel...................:thmbsp::music:

At present I do not use the sub in my setup (2.0 only). The sub is strictly reserved for cinemas house (There are loudspeakers almost in the ceiling for a system in 5.1) that I am going to present you in my future photos (which come soon hehe).
I recently had the opportunity to experiment the placement of my speakers and I really found the right spot. This new room really give to my RBS-1 all the place to breathe. For the basses as we speak about it, they were never so accurate.

:thmbsp:
 
Thanks guys

Here is finally a series of photos. Personally they are not my preferred but the day lighting is what is better to show exactly these small details. Probably that I am going to make a series a little more in the evening theme. Enjoy.

condoaudio005.jpg

condoaudio003.jpg

condoaudio008.jpg

condoaudio010.jpg

Psvane Tubes
condoaudio012.jpg

condoaudio013.jpg

condoaudio014.jpg

condoaudio022.jpg

Morel driver
condoaudio028.jpg

condoaudio023.jpg


:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom