• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

David Gilmour or Rogers Water

Generalizations of any group of people is a dangerous thing .

I still get Gilmours first solo album out from time to time and am simply amazed by it .
 
Shouldn't the conversation be

between Barret or Gilmour? I mean how can it be between Waters and Gilmour,they recorded together,they wrote songs together. Now if your asking me what I prefer better Pink Floyd with Waters and Barret or Waters and Gilmour? Hands down Gilmour. My favorite solo album by a band member of Floyd is Breaking China by Richard Wright. By the way both Gilmour and Waters would tell you Wright was a major influence on Floyds sound esp. after Syd Barret was replaced.
 
Last edited:
Gilmour for me... I mean, have you all even heard the ending solo in "comfortably numb" on the live 'Pulse' album? that solo is just magical. Both have made great music on their own but i personally prefer gilmour. :yes:
 
Generalizations of any group of people is a dangerous thing .

Unless it's the Lennon v McCartney debate. Because obviously anyone who chooses either is an idiot. Harrison was the only Beatle that really mattered.

Seriously though, it is not necessarily a dangerous thing. It CAN be a dangerous thing. As long as intelligence is present and common sense is exercised it can sometimes be quite useful.
 
Having Waters without Gilmour is like heads without tails. They only really work together as two sides of the one coin.

I have the LPs of Amused To Death and I feel that it should be titled Bored To Death.

I'll take Pink Floyd, and will sparingly pick at their solo efforts.
 
Gilmour. I'm one of the crazy people that don't like the wall - and I blame that dislike on Waters more than Gilmour. Put another way... I can point to things that Waters did that I don't like, but my list of Gilmour dislikes is non-existent.
 
Wow, for some reason I'm shocked that so many people have picked DG.
To me, Waters without hesitation. I love his solo albums almost as much as the Floyd stuff. I had some Gilmore solo album on tape a while back and never listened to it, yet Pro's and Cons and Amused still get regular rotation for me.
Different strokes I guess.
 
gilmour...yeah he had some trite duds...the music though, always makes the point...waters? idk...i don't dig his solo stuff...what he did with floyd is not debatable, however...even when his ego crashed the band
 
Gilmour without a doubt. Even though Waters was the one pushing the ideas and writing all the lyrics with PF.

If i had to choose between going to either's concert it would be DG. Then again, PF most creative, artistical and critically acclaim period was between Meddle and The Wall, and BOTH of them had to do with it.
 
We all know who Roger's pick would be.

I've been pretty able to judge who I'll get along with by who somebody picks in this endless debate. I simply can't fathom somebody picking David. Yet, about 1/2 or more people always do. It's probably a good indication of personality type. David seems to be a very nice guy, though.

SOrry, John. It's been good knowing you! And here I thought we had gotten along just fine....
 
Wait a minute, did they televise this concert last night? Was it a pay per view or free? I didn't know it was going to be televised.
 
Back
Top Bottom