• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

dcm Time Frame v10 Klipsch KPS-300

gentlejax

Super Member
I own the Time Frames. using them now. in excellent shape. I am looking at a pair of the powered Klipsh KPS-300 from year 2000.

Need to know what the DCMs are worth before I consider getting the Klipsh
 
Register to hide this ad
I own the Time Frames. using them now. in excellent shape. I am looking at a pair of the powered Klipsh KPS-300 from year 2000.

Need to know what the DCMs are worth before I consider getting the Klipsh

Which model Timeframes?
 
DCM time frame TF v10. I am pretty sure that was what the tag said. Sound fine of course I havnt seen the drivers cause I didn't want to ruin the covers. These are solid black with black tops. Worth?
 
I think these are pretty rare. They appear to have been made before MTX took over DCM, which means they are probably not the mass market speakers that MTX put out under the DCM name. Looking at the manual they seem to be good speakers. If they sound anything like my TF-700's they may be better than the Klipsch. Don't have a clue as to value. TF-700's can go anywhere from $50 from people with no clue, to $200.
 
I don't think these are mtx dcm either. I had a pair of those as well and sold them when I picked these up from a girl who had got them from here dad who no longer used them. I had found a manual at one time on the net but hadn't looked. I only started thinking of selling because I was offered a pair of klipsh kps 300 speakers.
 
Do an ebay search of completed listings under advanced search...then you will see what they went for on Ebay....however CL and local buys for speakers are usually 50-75% cheaper in my experience than the Ebay price. This is usually the case unless the speakers in question are the premium vintage ones that everyone is dying to find, like Altecs, La Scalas, Khorns, KLH Model Nines, etc. I just picked up some DCM Timeframes 200 for $20 bucks at the SA, but on Ebay they would have probably cost me about a $100-150 once shipping is figured in.
 
Coincidently I was just discussing these speakers last night with a neighbor who is interested in possibly getting a set if he can track them down. We concluded these were likely one of the last good loudspeakers DCM ever produced while they were still in Ann Arbor and the specs do look good on paper, however listening to them would reveal so much more. He has TF600s and Halftimes right now, and I`ve owned TF600s and Timepieces and currently have Time Window 1s to restore and two sets of Macrophones (each is 1/2 a TW). I like the DCM signature sound, which seems to favor a jazz-oriented or acoustic style music.
 
weird. I am contemplating selling them but they are so big and heavy not sure how I could ship them anywhere.

I am in North Louisiana
 
Back
Top Bottom