• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DCM Time Windows - Minneapolis CL

Register to hide this ad
One of the greats -- how they managed to get such beguilling sound out of such inexpensive parts is one a the more baffling questions in audio. By no means the best speaker ever made, but so much better than most in almost all regards that its amazing.
 
baffling :-) I think the baffling had a lot to do with it, Nat!
Two transmission lines differentially tuned, weren't they?

The DCM dealer in Baltimore (a pretty snooty place) refused to comment on the driver complement or anything else about what was under that thick foam sock. They were out of my price range ($400 in the mid-1970's, as I recall) but there was not much, if anything, in their price range that would touch them.
 
I hate to say this, but I think that's too much for a pair in that condition. They just don't fetch the kind of price they should for their sound. All the same, it would be easy to fix them up and have some great speakers for less than a C note.
 
I hate to say this, but I think that's too much for a pair in that condition. They just don't fetch the kind of price they should for their sound. All the same, it would be easy to fix them up and have some great speakers for less than a C note.

It's too much to pay for a flip, but if you're looking for keepers, it's not bad at all as long as all the drivers work. I've sold sets for $200+, plus $50 for shipping min, so a local pickup that needs socks for $80 is actually pretty sweet.
You could do a WHOLE lot worse, as these babies image like a mofo with pretty darn good bass to boot.

If you're a local, they're worth a look
 
I've heard that very set before and I have to say I was very impressed. If I were not busy trying clean house the way it is, I would make the trip down myself.
 
Back
Top Bottom