• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Do you absolutely love your stereo?.......

Terry F.

AK Member
Hi Everyone,

Just sitting here blasting some old Zep, very, very loud, and I have to admit my current audio gear makes me so happy. I've had competent stuff throughout the years but right now is my personal pinnacle. I have no interest in making any component substitutions right now.

How about you? Are you extremely satisfied with your stereo right now? So satisfied that you don't have any current upgrade plans?

Thanks,
Terry
 
Register to hide this ad
7.5/10 - relative to realistic gear. No definite upgrade plans and I have better gear that's not hooked up right now, but this more than serves the purpose.

If anything, I wouldn't mind buying or building a smaller sub that is fast for music and just a little rumble for home theater. Currently run a Mirage BPS150i which is kind of big-ish for the room, but it's two 8" subs in sealed enclosures. Has nice extension and sound pretty fast. I just don't need anything near the excursion and volume that it's capable of in this 12x14 room. I'd like to build a 1x7" or 1x8" sub that gets down to ~40 Hz, sounds musical and doesn't completely ruin Holly Cole's Temptation disc or Jennifer Warnes/Rob Wasserman's version of "Ballad of The Runaway Horse" like so many subs do.
 
I'm pretty happy now...I'm open to finding a awesome deal on something nicer

but I'm not actively hunting for new gear now...(or trying not too)

honestly I would like to get rid of some stuff I think.

the 7.5 /10 rating sounds about right here also.
 
Do you absolutely love your stereo(s)?......

Yes, I absolutely love my stereos.

Every piece.

I do!

:yes:
 
Yes I love my stereo systems ... :music:

Yes I have upgrade plans ... :yes: I even keep a file of future upgrade plans.
 
Love it?

Yes.

Think its my pinnacle?

No.


Satisfied enough I haven't bought anything in about 3 years now. I know what it is and where I plan on going but am not worried about getting there right now.


Matt
 
Yes! I have three systems, and I am happy with them. I have no plans to upgrade, but plans can change (LOL). :D Peace and goodwill.
 
I have 3 systems, One that is dedicated 2 channel of which I love love love!! The other 2 are 5.1 systems and one is just ok that i use simply for Xbox gaming and the other 5.1 system is amazing for both movies and multichannel SACD I absolutely love it.
 
Sure, Altec 19's on tubes with distributed bass has been a great place to settle in for a bit. 'Bout time to move on and love on the next configuration a little while. Back to dipoles! :yes:
 
Yes! I completely love my two systems. One is tube, the other solud state, both vintage. I listen at least some every day, FM, CD, and Vinyl.
That said, i constantly change gear around, buy and sell things. But the cors stays. That is Sansui, Kenwood, and Yamaha in the ss rig. Dynaco and Lafayette in the tube rig. The speakers that always stay are University (tube rig) Magnepan, and DCM in the ss...never tire of these main components...will always love them!
 
Hi Everyone,

....

How about you? Are you extremely satisfied with your stereo right now? So satisfied that you don't have any current upgrade plans?

Thanks,
Terry
Yes I am very satisfied with my system and just prior to Christmas the bolded part would also have been true.

But I was offered the opportunity to try out one of those PS Audio P10 power plants over our Christmas break and now I am not so sure another upgrade is not on the horizon (but likely the P5 rather than the P10 as it does not sound like having the power amp plugged into the P10 makes any real difference).

Steve
 
Yes and no. I love the way my stereo sounds,but I am a creature of habit. I will never leave well enough alone. I will always look for the next upgrade!:yes:
 
Unfortunately I don't get to listen to my main system very much. My living situation has changed recently so most of my listening is done on one of two alternate systems.

When I do get the rare opportunity to sit in the sweet spot, at home, alone and play specifically what I want to hear... "Absolutely love it" isn't even close to how I feel. I think without it I would lose part of my mind.

As far as satisfied, yes, very, but that does not mean I don't have the desire to change things around. You never know what might make sound better.
 
Damn straight. I'm absolutely delighted with my systems. I am not changing a thing for a while.

The only thing I'm buying this year (as far as I am aware) is more Vinyl.
 
Nope. It's a tool for getting music to my head. I like my stereo, but I don't love it.

If history is any indicator, it's very likely that most of the components will be gone within the next year.
 
Back
Top Bottom