• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Do you like pretty audio pictures?

Register to hide this ad
I saw a setup I had at one point. Marantz 3200 preamp, matching 140 power amp and model 33 preamp with matching model 16 power amp. I still have the model 140 power amp.
 
Some very nice pictures.

Though quite a few oddly too close together speaker pairings. (no I'm not counting the ones posed right next to each other)

And audio equipment on the floor ( that one still baffles me to this day)
 
Last edited:
Did you guys, (gals), catch this? It's one thing to be a hoarder. It's another thing to be a really elegant hoarder.

Super_hoard.jpg
 
Did you guys, (gals), catch this? It's one thing to be a hoarder. It's another thing to be a really elegant hoarder.

View attachment 2414371

Nice looking room, and everything there is nicely stored.

OTOH for all the equipment that's there, seems like there's precious little variety. Appears to be mostly receivers (yawn)

And what the heck is this? ( circled in blue). Some type of chute for more receivers to slide down??

Super_hoard 2.jpg
 
Some very nice pictures.

Though quite a few oddly too close together speaker pairings. (no I'm not counting the ones posed right next to each other)

And audio equipment on the floor ( that one still baffles me to this day)

I always wonder about that too. If you've got the money for the equipment, can't you afford a nice table/stand or two? :dunno:

Well, maybe his rack is homemade like mine. I need to expand to get the stuff on the left on there (quad preamp and amp, third turntable for cd-4), so now it's on the floor. Stuff on the right should leave the room, it's for testing.


20211207_001001.jpg
 
So many great photos from the past starting around the very early 70's to today. Pieces I haven;t seen or thought about in a long time. So many Turntables and R2R machines that we sold and I serviced. Some of the speakers we sold but not my favorites. Amps and preamps and integrateds and recievers that were so popular. Not that many Nakamichi's, Bozaks, Mac speakers, or B&O, Tandberg, EPI, RTR, Infinity, Crown, etc. But it was fun. Seeing JBL Paragons brought back memories for sure, but no big EV speakers or Big Altec. Paneled speakers and electrostatics were not shown that much either. Oh well, it was still fun!
 
Wow great find. Lots of great systems and mostly vintage gear.I like that most guys had racks or cabinets for their gear.I hate the look of gear on the floor with wires and cables everywhere.
 
I have owned the equipment, had the setups, just lacked the photography skills
 
Back
Top Bottom